• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Aftermarket Lens For Juliet?

bbell6

Oakley Beginner
Other than Linegears which I'm assuming are the best, what other aftermarket "silver mirror" lenses are good? I currently have a pair of VLs. My only complaint with the VLs are that they are really dark.

I'm especially interested in comparisons of the VLs, Evolense, and Exovista with regards to how dark they are as well as fit?

Other than Linegears which I'm assuming are the best, what other aftermarket "silver mirror" lenses are good? I currently have a pair of VLs. My only complaint with the VLs are that they are really dark.

I'm especially interested in comparisons of the VLs, Evolense, and Exovista with regards to how dark they are as well as fit?

I have Exovista, and I feel that the tint is perfect. However optical quality is definitely not as good as OEM and fit is not either...there are visible gaps between the outside edges of the lens and the orbitals near the temple sides of the frame. All that said, Exovista makes a BEAUTIFUL mirror.

I have a pair of exovista ruby for my carbon x squared. the fit was good however, the clarity is obviously not up to oakley standards. they look great but I prefer that form follow function so that is somewhat of a let down. on the other + side, they were like $25 so I can't complain.

yup i have used evolense.. the cut and fit is good but the optical clarity is about that of exovista.. and the grey bases they use are really dull, (unlike oakleys contrast boosting bases, even their black and grey). i would honestly rather get some OEM lenses cut or buy new .. the juliet lenses are readily available

i would honestly rather get some OEM lenses cut or buy new .. the juliet lenses are readily available

Since I'm looking to buy silver mirror lenses, OEM doesn't appear to be an option without having them cut (not sure if they can be cut, but checking into that option). If I can't get them cut, I will have to go with the aftermarket. I was in Cancun for the last 10 days and had two pair of Juliets with me. One had the black iridium lenses (non polarized) and the other had the silver mirror VLs. The VLs were great at the pool, but when I walked back into the hotel, I could barely see anything. I used the ones with the Oakley black iridium lenses when we went shopping at the outdoor malls (moving in and out of the light).

I bought VL's two years ago when I first saw them. I got The Green, Blue and Ruby of the three the ruby was the best. I wore them out. The green and the blue however I found to be unwearable. If you closed one eye and then switch eyes being closed you would see different colors. The green was really bad about this. One lens was almost purple and the other was grey. The blue had a bronze look through it and did the same do to over setting I guess of the optic angle. They are all darker than the stock comparison.
I found that the lens was way to thin. Almost half the size of OEM. The coating isn't very scratch resistant I had a chip in the ruby after a month or so. I am always looking on ebay hawking. I noticed that they had First gen straight jacket lenses. Thought I would do that since noone else has them. After opening up the auction page it was second gen some folks have no clue what they are making or selling sometimes.
If I need replacements I will be getting some extra stock or look at getting some cut. The price of Linegear seems to high to me for an aftermarket lens. Quality is all over with the aftermarket lenses from the reviews I've read on here.

Back