1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Last year I lost my original pair of x-metals (Juliets) at the beach, dang thieving wave tore them off my face.

I'm not going to make that same mistake again and want to pick up a pair or two of o-matter sets for the beach this year.

I confess, though, my knowledge of o-matters is pretty limited, always been an x-metal guy.

What do you recommend as the best o-matter frame for the beach? Looking for a blend of form (style), function (coverage, stay-put-edness, etc), availability (not some hard-to-find discontinued frame), and price (should be cheaper than a Juliet)...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Radarlock or Racing Jacket. Both are relatively cheap, look good, and have great coverage. Also, both come with a head strap.

Brett28 likes this.
  3. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

i go with my trusty holbrooks and usually a black iridium polar lens or something with similar transition like vr28bip. I get pretty good wrap with minimal suntan lines lol. id say fuel cell/ gascan has great wrap but the arms are quite large. maybe a split jacket would be ideal so you have the unobtanium on the arms and nose to hold tight and still great great coverage.

4. OakleyGuru379

5. kronin323

Have you used vented lenses before? Do you get much light leakage through the vents?

6. OakleyGuru379

I barely notice them. Both of my RJ have the vents. The light leakage through pairs like Holbrooks, FC's etc are much worse than vented RJ because the frame wraps your face so well.

7. OakleyGuru379

On a hot day at the beach, you'll either have those vents, or wish you did!

8. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I'd recommend a Flak Jacket XLJ. Unobtanium to help keep them in place, good coverage, sporty look and feel. Can always get a strap for them if need be. I like one like this because it does make your glasses float (or at least go down much, much slower) in case they happen to come off your head: Amazon.com: MLB Milwaukee Brewers Sunglass Strap: Sports & Outdoors

9. kronin323

Funny, I was just composing a reply asking about Flak Jacket XLJ when your post came in... know if they're being discontinued anytime soon?

BTW, forgot to mention that polarized is also a must...

10. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

For me, beach pair, should be a beater pair

Just sayin ...

wilkie18, Chief and atrain like this.