1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

I have had several custom cuts done for my R1s, Some customs fit better than others.
    I realize the fit largely depends upon the person doing the cutting. However, if cut precisely
    what donor lens comes closest to R1 oem fit?

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@Chris A Hardaway

Krank likes this.
  3. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

Its not the donor as much the donor frame that the lens was cut after. If cut after an early Jordan frame pattern, they run small and make for a loose frame. Through trial and error i have pair of super cheap aftermarket lenses that have been the magical pattern for my R1s somehow they fit every pair.

Krank and Chris A Hardaway like this.
  4. Chris A Hardaway

Chris A Hardaway The Man Loves to Chop 'Em. Premium Member

Polarized donor go Big Taco, that simple @DrtyHarry might sell you a set. They are rare now.
    Non polarized I like to use Plaintiff, Pit Bull, or Big Taco. Commit SQ is a little known secret that works. @dragonvoi does have a magic template, but those lenses thin and flimsy right!? Ten X lenses might still be available, very close cut.
    Next best is really going turbine lenses... Great color choices too, trashed extra skill to cut. Just ask @kronin323 he's mentioned the potential base curve issues ad nauseum.
    Cheers!

Krank, kronin323 and dragonvoi like this.
  5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I didn't do it... :behindsofa:

Actually I have some turbines cut for Juliet and they work just fine...

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

Got any Extra Juliet lenses to trade for a ........ Really expensive pair of sunglasses?

kronin323 likes this.
  7. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys. I have a few big taco cuts that fit ok, but the flex in the nose is a bit loose. I made a trade a while back for some custom bipolar, and recently installed them. The fit is spot on perfect....I need to find the guy I made the trade deal with, even lens thickness seems better without hardly a bevel.

8. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

I'll trade you a slightly used G30 lens for any one of your C6's.. :D

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

PM sent!

NoFair likes this.