1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Golfer123

Golfer123 Oakley Beginner

I recently bought a new pair of Fuel Cell's with the standard "warm gray" lenses. I love these glasses, and was wondering if there was a more appropriate set of spare lenses that I could change out when I play golf. I don't think the g30's are made for the fuel cell model... any ideas? Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Vr28 blk ird polar

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'd stay away from polarized for golf until you know how a polarized filter affects your depth perception. Some people have issues, that's why golf-specific Oakleys aren't polarized.

Gold and G30 are the two most common. VR28-based lenses would work just fine as well.

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

You might want to consider getting another pair, something like a Flak Jacket or Radar. The Fuel Cell really wasn't made for regular lens changing and over time the lens will get loose.

JDubs likes this.
  5. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I use the radar for golf with the g30 lense.

6. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

i use fuel cells on the course on occasion. i have a specific pair for golf, emerald irridium.

7. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

Get a different pair for golf. For me, anything with a frame on the bottom really obstructs my vision when looking down at the ball.

8. coolstorm92

coolstorm92 Oakley Enthusiast

agreed. if g30 isnt available i would get vr28 or blue iridium.

9. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

I agree with the getting of a second pair for sports. We have touched on this in the past and I agree with most that I would get a pair of flack jackets for the best all around sporting glasses. I play with a pair of radars however and they work well.

10. joker INC

joker INC Oakley Beginner

I agree with buying another pair for golf. I use flaks XLJ with vr28 iridium with no issue.