• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Fuel Cell Golf Lenses?

Golfer123

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought a new pair of Fuel Cell's with the standard "warm gray" lenses. I love these glasses, and was wondering if there was a more appropriate set of spare lenses that I could change out when I play golf. I don't think the g30's are made for the fuel cell model... any ideas? Thanks

Vr28 blk ird polar
I'd stay away from polarized for golf until you know how a polarized filter affects your depth perception. Some people have issues, that's why golf-specific Oakleys aren't polarized.

Gold and G30 are the two most common. VR28-based lenses would work just fine as well.

You might want to consider getting another pair, something like a Flak Jacket or Radar. The Fuel Cell really wasn't made for regular lens changing and over time the lens will get loose.

i use fuel cells on the course on occasion. i have a specific pair for golf, emerald irridium.

Get a different pair for golf. For me, anything with a frame on the bottom really obstructs my vision when looking down at the ball.

I agree with the getting of a second pair for sports. We have touched on this in the past and I agree with most that I would get a pair of flack jackets for the best all around sporting glasses. I play with a pair of radars however and they work well.

I agree with buying another pair for golf. I use flaks XLJ with vr28 iridium with no issue.

Back