• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best heavy rain driving lenses?

Which lenses are best for driving in heavy rain?

• Total voters
Hi, I have tried straight jackets G30 lens. during cloudy and rain in which you cant see more than 20 ft out. Works well. Brightens everything.
I was expecting the same from Holbrook G30 but its not the same. Straight jacket G30 is more of a positive red almost.

I've also tried Vr28s in cloud/low sunshine and it works great. But since your thread is asking in rain.I'm voting other.

Tungsten Iridium Polarized in my Gas Can S, They are a real light lens
I drive 140 Round trip everyday , They cut the hard rain pretty decent
But Im always open to new exceptions
Curious to see how this shakes out

It'd be interesting if anybody had more than one of the leading candidates and could review them side-by-side...
Maybe somebody has one of those fancy Rx lens displays with multiple candidates on it. Not sure what all was included in those displays.

I drive two hours for work every day. I started out using a Walleva Yellow lens in my Flak Jacket for night and often heavy rain driving. Liked it a good deal. Really brightened things up in dark skies. Switched to OEM Persimmon in a Fast Jacket; not too bad, contrast helped in rain where it's so often just a grey haze. Did have ghosting problems at night though. Just recently switched to OEM yellow in a split jacket. Brightens things but honestly not as much as I remember the Walleva yellow, still good though. Do get ghosting as with the OEM persimmon though. I used each of these for several weeks at least for night driving and rain/snow.

I've also used G30 and VR28 at different times in rain or snow. Like both, but I think at night or dusk they may be a bit too dark.

I drive two hours for work every day. I started out using a Walleva Yellow lens in my Flak Jacket for night and often heavy rain driving. Liked it a good deal. Really brightened things up in dark skies. Switched to OEM Persimmon in a Fast Jacket; not too bad, contrast helped in rain where it's so often just a grey haze. Did have ghosting problems at night though. Just recently switched to OEM yellow in a split jacket. Brightens things but honestly not as much as I remember the Walleva yellow, still good though. Do get ghosting as with the OEM persimmon though. I used each of these for several weeks at least for night driving and rain/snow.

I've also used G30 and VR28 at different times in rain or snow. Like both, but I think at night or dusk they may be a bit too dark.

So you think yellow is better than persimmon?

So you think yellow is better than persimmon?
Yellow doesn't have the contrast-enhancement that persimmon does, but it does "brighten" things more than persimmon does. If it's really dark or at night, yellow would be my choice probably. If it's during the day and just grey out, either should be good. I'll get to test yellow out in heavy snowfall in about 5 minutes here as I head home in a blizzard. Fun!

Back