• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Lens Color For Tennis?

Hard courts are basically dark green colored concrete . so the reflection off the pavement is an issue.
In the US, clay courts are dark grey colored dirt (har-tru) .. sorta like an old running track before they invented the spongy reddish track surface.

I wear my Maui Jim Kanaha lenses in grey color more and more and I find that the depth perception and superb contrast ability make them the most interesting sunglasses that also absorb all the UV the sun can throw at you.

No Ar coating needed, no mirrors needed, just a simple tint of blublocker and another tint for the visible color of the lens. I tinted them for about 4 minutes in the microwave and that was it. Inexpensive and fast to do.

I wear my Maui Jim Kanaha lenses in grey color more and more and I find that the depth perception and superb contrast ability make them the most interesting sunglasses that also absorb all the UV the sun can throw at you.

No Ar coating needed, no mirrors needed, just a simple tint of blublocker and another tint for the visible color of the lens. I tinted them for about 4 minutes in the microwave and that was it. Inexpensive and fast to do.
You microwaved your lenses?

You microwaved your lenses?
Yes, but i still can't do it right. The microwave option is intriguing, but the textbook does not give instructions. I could probably dig up the original literature and figure out how to do this. There is one commercially available UV system called Purilens. But because some preservatives in saline solutions absorb UV, they sell (expensive) unpreserved solution.

I think I will skip this. Sounds like I might mess something up.
Yes, but i still can't do it right. The microwave option is intriguing, but the textbook does not give instructions. I could probably dig up the original literature and figure out how to do this. There is one commercially available UV system called Purilens. But because some preservatives in saline solutions absorb UV, they sell (expensive) unpreserved solution.

Back