1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kenejhnsn

kenejhnsn Oakley Beginner

I have some x-metal Juliets with the black Iridium lenses, im thinking about changing lens color and perhaps the rubbers as well. What color do you think would look
    the best on the x-metal frame? Should i change the rubber to match or stay with black?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

you can do xmetal/ruby and ducati rubbers. im sure there would be more lens choices out there.

3. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Ice.....

Best Looking Juliet Lense Color - 62e32228-ffd3-7b66.jpg

4. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

i really like this combo..looks nicer with the blue rubber set on..planning to do this to my xmetal xx once i can get then lens..nice piece Dyeraudio..

5. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Ice, ruby, fire, emerald all look good to me just be sure to get Oakley rubber. The stuff on eBay sucks

6. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have several color combos, and I think the X MEtal and Ice looks awesome..... I am currently building an X Metal X Squared with Ice and blue unobtainiums....

7. kenejhnsn

I think i am leaning towards the ice or ruby.....do you get the rubbers form oakleys web site or is there another place to get them?

8. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Oakley USA no longer sells the colored unobtaniums. They only have black and rootbeer available for sale. You can get OEM colored from some members on here, or try ebay. Ebay also has some aftermarket ones available, as for the quality, i would suggest the "linegear" brand. Figure on spending $45 and up for a complete kit. You may need to specify what size nosebombs, and temple shocks you will want. I can say from experience you wont get BOTH sizes with your purchase.

If you decide to go with Ruby lenses then the Oakley OEM red unobtainiums will NOT have red nosebombs. They never made them. I believe the Linegear kit does but again its aftermarket.....

9. kenejhnsn

Ok thanks....one more question.....what is the difference in the rubber piece on the arm? some (like mine) have 15 on it but i have seen some with other numbers. Does this mean anything?

10. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

The 15 is the size Temple Shock that is installed. There is 15 and 25 OEM Oakley....the 25's are thicker resulting in a tighter fit...it doesn't allow the arms to close as much as when the 15's are installed.