• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Non-OEM Replacement Oakley Lenses in General

Better than oakley is another oakley

@InfiniteHero Thanks for the thorough explanation for donor lenses.

Specially the new colour ranges and Prizm lenses! :cool-20:

Yes for Oakley Forum OEM purposes only. No there are better lenses than Oakley lenses for sure. Costa Del Mar and Zeiss just to name a few.

Ask any questions about the lenses or other types if anyone wants and I will try to help

Yes for Oakley Forum OEM purposes only. No there are better lenses than Oakley lenses for sure. Costa Del Mar and Zeiss just to name a few.

Ask any questions about the lenses or other types if anyone wants and I will try to help

Can a proper set of polarized glass lenses with AR coating be sourced for an XX? Ideally lenses optimized for driving in medium to bright light and/or a contrast set for overcast. I have a pair of Maui Jims that work excellent, but after reading Ziess's website...wow, lots of detail.

Can a proper set of polarized glass lenses with AR coating be sourced for an XX? Ideally lenses optimized for driving in medium to bright light and/or a contrast set for overcast. I have a pair of Maui Jims that work excellent, but after reading Ziess's website...wow, lots of detail.

Yes I believe --- I would have to send the pair of frames off to Zeiss specifically and have their labs cut the lens to the frame. Price is really no different than getting a prescription pair, your just getting one non adjusted. Each coating is a fee -- color, polarizing, AR, Prizm, etc....... If your interested I will see but plan on prices North of $225 par pair.

Yes I believe --- I would have to send the pair of frames off to Zeiss specifically and have their labs cut the lens to the frame. Price is really no different than getting a prescription pair, your just getting one non adjusted. Each coating is a fee -- color, polarizing, AR, Prizm, etc....... If your interested I will see but plan on prices North of $225 par pair.
Fuse have started to provide Zeiss lenses for Juliets:

Oakley replacement lenses for Oakley Juliet Sunglasses | Fuse Lenses

The only issue would be whether they have the correct curvature for the purist and whether they are cut well enough to avoid fitting issues. Being Zeiss lenses I would guess, optically they are sound.

The only issue would be whether they have the correct curvature for the purist and whether they are cut well enough to avoid fitting issues. Being Zeiss lenses I would guess, optically they are sound.

Yes
I have several pairs for my Pit bosses 1 and 2
I like them. good alternative to custom cuts
Optics are clear and sharp
They are not a base 8 but rather a base , But al;l after market lens fro Juliet are a base
6 if IRCC
They fit good in the PB and I will see how the Juliet fits after I get the lens back from etching

There were some unanswered questions whether Fuse could actually provide genuine Zeiss lenses at that pricepoint. And I recall they were doing them in base 6 instead of 8, though I don't remember if that was the alleged Zeiss ones, too, or just their house-branded ones.

Thanks for replying. I sent an email through your website's email but being a new I can't seem to find out how to PM you. I'm interested in some custom cut polarized lenses from yom for my R1s. Can you PM me please? Thanks so much!

Latest Posts

Back