1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. R1s1ngSt0rm

R1s1ngSt0rm Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

New to forums. I tried looking this question up, but didn't really see any good answers on Google or the forum search. So, what is the best tint for "daily" driving? I'm looking for a polarized lens that doesn't make it too hard to see during morning/evening commute, but will still make bright days driving bearable.

I was looking at the Tinfoil Polarized. In the Oakley Lens tint previewer, the Positive Red Iridium Polarized seemed to be better in more situations than the Titanium Iridium Polarized.

Anyone have any thoughts on either tint colors in general or those specific frames?

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Prizm Daily

3. Delorean2006

Delorean2006 Oakley Beginner

I couldn't agree more, definitely a fantastic daily lens and is available in the tinfoil as well

4. R1s1ngSt0rm

R1s1ngSt0rm Oakley Beginner

5. joscejrod

joscejrod Oakley Beginner

Yes, prizm daily are polarized. This lens is very good for cloudy days but for bright days there are better lenses. I'd choose tinfoil carbon and not regular tinfoil becouse is lighter and more comfortable. Tinfoil carbon with black iridium polarized lens is a good election with sunny days.

6. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I haven't any of the Prizim lenses (yet), but do have most of Oakley's other tints.
    When I know I'm spending the day on the road in the car, I habitually reach for a non-polarized
    Tungsten lens (15% transmission). They are suitable from early morning to late evening.
    My car has standard Euro-tint-for-air-conditioning windows, and I don't find polarization necessary in that situation.

7. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

+1 - Prizm Daily polars are the best driving lens Oakley has ever made... so far?

8. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

That will be subjective to where you live like any other lens I think. Based off the transmission percentages posted about them in another thread they wouldn't be my first choice on a summer day here in Vegas.

Bronzefunk likes this.
  9. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Subjective, perhaps, but I can tell you I have already seen a difference being able to tell ice from wet/melted roadways, a difference in contrast from cars with dim brake lights, and they are much easier on my eyes at dawn and dusk as the light transitions. I can see how there might be "better" (darker, lower light transmission) options for very bright sun I do not miss my BIPs when wearing these, so for me they are "the best driving lens Oakley has ever made" :)

...and I can't wait until spring to get the trail Prizm for the bike trails!!!

Carrera1963 likes this.
  10. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

That's what I am most interested in, how they do with in and out of light in the tree line on the mountain bike trails.