• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakley's for a soccer player/tennis player/basketball player/runner?

I think it depends on the size of your head. If you have a larger head, the Radars and the Fast Jackets are both an excellent option. I personally prefer the Radars because like Batwolf said, they provide better coverage and personally I feel like my eyes are better protected in them. If you have a smaller head the Flak Jackets and Half Jackets, (and the new Half Jacket 2.0) might be a better fit. The Fast Jackets and Half Jacket 2.0 are both relatively new so you don't find as many of them, but the Radar, Flak Jacket, and Half Jacket are all very popular styles and you can find them as well as replacement parts for them relatively easy.

I'd have to go with M Frame or Radar. Either of those will let you pick a lens shape that fits you the best to meet your face and peripheral vision needs.

I think both now offer 5 different lens sizes. Radar has Edge, Path, Pitch, Range, and XL. M Frame has Hybrid S, Sweep, Hybrid, Strike, and Heater (though another half dozen cuts exist for the M)

Half and Flak are nice pairs, but for serious use they don't wrap and hug the head enough and can/will come loose.

Vented lenses and the wrap-fit of the Radar/M allow you to adjust the position on your face to help cut down on fogging.

I give the edge to the M Frame since it feels lighter and more organic, has the strap add-on accessory, and intrudes into my peripheral vision less than the Radar.

soccer player- I would not wear it because on corner kicks, you might get more than a header, like an elbow.
tennis player- Flak Jacket
basketball player- Radar XL
runner- If it is windy, Flak Jacket; if it isn't, Radar

For all of the above sports, I'd go with Radar for all purpose, including cycling, so I'm kinda bias.

on soccer you are not allowed to wear any accesoires like, jewelry or sunglasses. According to the FIFA rules :).

But for sports in general i think you gotta try which fits you the best!:)

The only Oakley's I have ever seen been worn for FOOTBALL (Soccer as you lot call it.....:tongue:) were Water Jackets by Edgar Davids
edgarj.jpg

& Jawbones
edgar1.jpg

Any other sport & i'd say Radar's

I think both now offer 5 different lens sizes. Radar has Edge, Path, Pitch, Range, and XL.

Technically you are correct but Edge is exclusive to the women's Radar (which I think has a slightly smaller frame also) and with the XL it requires having an XL frame.

Edgar Davids: Dutchmen! heheh!
But for him it was because he had some serious eye problems. He had to wear them for medical reasons, even thoug it's not allowed anymore
to do it like this.

Back