1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BennyBlaze

BennyBlaze Oakley Beginner

If everyone could explain their picks that would be great, thanks!!!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I would probably go for the Radar.

The Flak Jacket would work as well but the Radar provides better coverage.

3. kyle_2012

kyle_2012 Oakley Beginner

I think it depends on the size of your head. If you have a larger head, the Radars and the Fast Jackets are both an excellent option. I personally prefer the Radars because like Batwolf said, they provide better coverage and personally I feel like my eyes are better protected in them. If you have a smaller head the Flak Jackets and Half Jackets, (and the new Half Jacket 2.0) might be a better fit. The Fast Jackets and Half Jacket 2.0 are both relatively new so you don't find as many of them, but the Radar, Flak Jacket, and Half Jacket are all very popular styles and you can find them as well as replacement parts for them relatively easy.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'd have to go with M Frame or Radar. Either of those will let you pick a lens shape that fits you the best to meet your face and peripheral vision needs.

I think both now offer 5 different lens sizes. Radar has Edge, Path, Pitch, Range, and XL. M Frame has Hybrid S, Sweep, Hybrid, Strike, and Heater (though another half dozen cuts exist for the M)

Half and Flak are nice pairs, but for serious use they don't wrap and hug the head enough and can/will come loose.

Vented lenses and the wrap-fit of the Radar/M allow you to adjust the position on your face to help cut down on fogging.

I give the edge to the M Frame since it feels lighter and more organic, has the strap add-on accessory, and intrudes into my peripheral vision less than the Radar.

5. OakMan42

OakMan42 Oakley Beginner

i run in both of my radars nearly everyday and they work like a charm

6. UYZ

UYZ Oakley Beginner

soccer player- I would not wear it because on corner kicks, you might get more than a header, like an elbow.
    tennis player- Flak Jacket
    basketball player- Radar XL
    runner- If it is windy, Flak Jacket; if it isn't, Radar

For all of the above sports, I'd go with Radar for all purpose, including cycling, so I'm kinda bias.

7. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

on soccer you are not allowed to wear any accesoires like, jewelry or sunglasses. According to the FIFA rules :).

But for sports in general i think you gotta try which fits you the best!:)

8. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

The only Oakley's I have ever seen been worn for FOOTBALL (Soccer as you lot call it.....:tongue:) were Water Jackets by Edgar Davids
    Best Oakley's for a soccer player/tennis player/basketball player/runner? - edgarj.jpg
    & Jawbones
    Best Oakley's for a soccer player/tennis player/basketball player/runner? - edgar1.jpg

Any other sport & i'd say Radar's

9. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Technically you are correct but Edge is exclusive to the women's Radar (which I think has a slightly smaller frame also) and with the XL it requires having an XL frame.

10. Jummeltje

Jummeltje Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Edgar Davids: Dutchmen! heheh!
    But for him it was because he had some serious eye problems. He had to wear them for medical reasons, even thoug it's not allowed anymore
    to do it like this.