• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakley's for a soccer player/tennis player/basketball player/runner?

soccer player- I would not wear it because on corner kicks, you might get more than a header, like an elbow.
tennis player- Flak Jacket
basketball player- Radar XL
runner- If it is windy, Flak Jacket; if it isn't, Radar

For all of the above sports, I'd go with Radar for all purpose, including cycling, so I'm kinda bias.

How would the Flak be better in the wind than a Radar?

Technically you are correct but Edge is exclusive to the women's Radar (which I think has a slightly smaller frame also) and with the XL it requires having an XL frame.

I thought they were interchangeable and the Women's frame was closer to the straight stem and didn't have the temple flares. I'll admit I'm not well-read on Radar variations.

I stand by the M Frame being the BEST sports frame functionally, even if others may look a little sleeker or have an advantage in one niche.

I guess I'm still old school with m frames when I run or cycle...I might have to upgrade to some radars now

I have fast jackets,flak jackets, and radars.
If i'm every doing any physical activity... i go radars. I have the path, i don't like the shape of the other lenses...

they're light, they look great, and they stay on your face... no matter what.
but if you're going polarized, they're not going to be cheap.

I wear my fast jackets casually... when i want to have sport looking glasses on.
They're good for physical activity, however they are on the heavier side. Compared to the radar.

I have flak jackets,only because i purchased them long ago, before the fast jacket was out.
They **** on my shelf now, the fast jacket replaced them. however they are lighter than the fast jacket if you're not into shield lenses like radars.

No comment on the split jackets, never owned a pair.

I play outdoor basketball weekly and i like the split jackets, theyre not too big so theyre not likely to get knocked off and stay snug on the face. The radars were ok but kinda bulky and can get knocked off it fouled hard.

I play outdoor basketball weekly and i like the split jackets, theyre not too big so theyre not likely to get knocked off and stay snug on the face. The radars were ok but kinda bulky and can get knocked off it fouled hard.

Thanks BAPD, I'm looking for something slim but still looks and performs good. I am definitely getting a pair of Split Jacket's from the Vault this summer without a doubt!!!

Latest Posts

Back