• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakleys For Running?

Flak Jacket XLJ's been very good to me. Also has the benefit of having interchangeable, readily-available lenses.
+1 :)

I run about 15-20 miles a week, with my Sunday long run being 8-12 depending on the course. I wear Flak Jackets with the 00 Black Iridium XLJ lenses. I love Love LOVE them!!!

They stay right where I put them, and they don't fog up on me. Occasionally I'll get a drop of sweat going down them, but no worries. They are extremely light and don't bounce or shift. Essentially they make me forget they are there. Sometimes if it's cloudy or drizzly and I don't really need them, they ride out my 10 mile runs on top of my head and don't move or shift. Same as when its sunny and they're on my face.

My .02, YMMV.

Just an update crew...I got Flak Jacket XLJs and they are a much better fit than my HJs were. Will report on their performance after I go for a run.

My wife runs alot with flak jackets and she loves them. No issues either. She forgets they are even there.

I have always used m frames and they were great, I just started using radars and they are even better.

The vented lenses are great for running! The Jawbones were too big for my face, but Split Jackets with vented lenses have worked awesome for my running needs (about 15-20 miles a week in hot weather).

Fast jackets did well the other day in the 106 degree weather but they were extremely hot!! Flaks by far are the least noticeable on your face so I vote flaks.

Back