• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakleys with a Motorcycle Helmet...

BadDad320

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Some Oakleys fit better than others when wearing a full helmet..... I was thinking those Slivers might be comfortable all wedged in a helmet..... Anyone have any suggestions or experiences...... Here is my bike...
buell56.jpg

Full face helmet?
Half?

I personally always wear a full face helmet and would never wear sunglasses inside my helmet but that's just me

Gascans or 5squared. Smaller profile the better so your not bending them trying to put them on. Personally I would just get a tinted or mirrored visor and save the oakleys.

I have both tinted and un-tinted helmet visors..... The problem arises going out during the day and coming back at night kind of rides..... Riding at night with a tinted visor sucks and bright daytime sun without protection is a total buzzkill....... You get the idea......

I use a full-face modular helmet ((open/close chin bar), so I've not tried to put glasses on thru a flip screen, but...
Good success with Straight Jackets, Zeros, even Scalpel, or any relatively straight armed pair.
The only limitation I've noticed is with something like an E Wire or Crosshair that has earstems that curve out from the side of the head, don't fit well within the aperture for the shield.

@BadDad320 i tried the whole sunglasses with a full faced helmet and ruined a good pair of oil rigs. From then on I carried a fanny pack with extra visors/snacks/red bulls. JK it's not a fanny pack, it's a bathroom sink. I'm pretty sure unless I was dreaming there are auto-tint visors now. Some are automatic and there is a button activated type. It's new on the market so it might be fairly expensive. Either way I'm sure you'll find a safe alternative... Good luck

I have Split jacket with the wind insert
But really the Jupiter (Carbon) (Factory Lite) fit under my half helmet good.
My wife wears the splits with transition lens with no issues under the half helmet

Other's that would fit me good.
Gas Can S and Crankcase and Style Switch, Old style Canteeen
These all have a close fit on the temple for me

Back