1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've been watching some fun movie debate stuff recently and I thought it might be a fun idea to bring to the forum. I'd like to do a series of categories and hear everyone's thoughts and arguments for the pairs that go under this.

I'm not sure right now if it's going to become a tournament to crown the top Oakley frame, or if we'll just name the winner in each category (if this takes off). I have a feeling that with this crowd an X-metal would win the overall bout.

1. Name the frame you want
    2. Explain why
    We'll run the series for a week or so, starting up a new one every few days. I'm going to leave the poll feature out of this since I'd like more debate and originality and not make people feel they need to stay within the confines of the poll answers.

Series 1 - Aviators

What, in your opinion, is Oakley's best classic-aviator-inspired frame? Wire or O Matter.

I'll take the first vote. In my mind it's the Crosshair 2012, hands down. It took the lines of the original and toned them down a little bit to make a more wearable pair. It might not be the best Oakley "thematic" frame of the aviator pairs, but it takes a classic aviator, turns up the attitude and puts a nice Oakley spin on it while having great wrap, coverage, a wide array of options- titanium frame as one of them, and puts together a very sleek, wearable frame that makes it very universally appropriate.

saulsaul and steveocubed like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

First I want to say, I like this idea. Maybe would be easier with poll choices. My vote goes to the Inmate. For many of the same reasons u like the Crosshairs, I like the Inmate. I feel like Oakley took the classic design of the aviator and put their own twist on it. Oakley cutting edge design and innovation.

saulsaul, OFather and steveocubed like this.
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I like the dispatch 2. Aviator looks without the finicky aluminum.

QLR1 and steveocubed like this.
  4. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Deviation, light without being a titanium frame, good coverage all around and decent color combinations

QLR1, mpmcgaughey and steveocubed like this.
  5. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

My favorite 'aviator inspired' frame is the Crosshair 2.0, it just suits me better than the other Crosshair models. I wish it had been more popular so that we might have seen more colorways and frame options. Admittedly the 2.0 is a bit of a stretch since it is far from the original aviator design.

steveocubed likes this.
  6. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

It's GOT to be the Wardens in my opinion. Classic lines and beautifuly sculpted. With the hammer ear stems......just perfect.

steveocubed and headpatrolman like this.
  7. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

steveocubed and Funky-Trixtar like this.
  8. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

The Crosshair is huge X2 on my face.
    "Comical", she says...
    The Crosshair S is rarer and gets my thumbs up.

Last edited: 5/10/15
  9. 7legion77

7legion77 Oakley Enthusiast

Badman crushes all of them.

BEST OF THE BEST: Series 1 - Aviators - badman.jpg

(its a Sunday too lazy to shave :cool:)

10. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

Plaintiff Squared. Next would be the Wardens