• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BEST OF THE BEST: Series 1 - Aviators

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I've been watching some fun movie debate stuff recently and I thought it might be a fun idea to bring to the forum. I'd like to do a series of categories and hear everyone's thoughts and arguments for the pairs that go under this.

I'm not sure right now if it's going to become a tournament to crown the top Oakley frame, or if we'll just name the winner in each category (if this takes off). I have a feeling that with this crowd an X-metal would win the overall bout.

1. Name the frame you want
  2. Explain why
We'll run the series for a week or so, starting up a new one every few days. I'm going to leave the poll feature out of this since I'd like more debate and originality and not make people feel they need to stay within the confines of the poll answers.

Series 1 - Aviators

What, in your opinion, is Oakley's best classic-aviator-inspired frame? Wire or O Matter.

I'll take the first vote. In my mind it's the Crosshair 2012, hands down. It took the lines of the original and toned them down a little bit to make a more wearable pair. It might not be the best Oakley "thematic" frame of the aviator pairs, but it takes a classic aviator, turns up the attitude and puts a nice Oakley spin on it while having great wrap, coverage, a wide array of options- titanium frame as one of them, and puts together a very sleek, wearable frame that makes it very universally appropriate.

First I want to say, I like this idea. Maybe would be easier with poll choices. My vote goes to the Inmate. For many of the same reasons u like the Crosshairs, I like the Inmate. I feel like Oakley took the classic design of the aviator and put their own twist on it. Oakley cutting edge design and innovation.

My favorite 'aviator inspired' frame is the Crosshair 2.0, it just suits me better than the other Crosshair models. I wish it had been more popular so that we might have seen more colorways and frame options. Admittedly the 2.0 is a bit of a stretch since it is far from the original aviator design.

Badman crushes all of them.

badman.jpg

(its a Sunday too lazy to shave :cool:)

Back