• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Time To Sell Oakleys: Now Or After Christmas

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Just wondering what your thoughts are ...

If you had a pair of Oakleys to sell on eBay via an auction, would you list them now, because folks are currently in a "shopping mood" for the holidays, or would you wait until January, because folks are "broke" now due to all the Christmas shopping they have to do and will possibly have money to spend in January due to money received as a gift?

ho ho ho!

not

:\

Best time to sell is definitely during the Spring/Summer. If you can hold out, wait until Februrary/March when all the Spring Breakers are out shopping for shades. Right now you've got a ton of people shopping, but everyone's looking for super cheap sales and deals.

Best time to sell is definitely during the Spring/Summer. If you can hold out, wait until Februrary/March when all the Spring Breakers are out shopping for shades. Right now you've got a ton of people shopping, but everyone's looking for super cheap sales and deals.

Yeah when you think about it is a little odd to buy sunglasses for high prices in the winter months...

Yeah when you think about it is a little odd to buy sunglasses for high prices in the winter months...

You guys need to think globally. Right now the southern hemisphere is entering its summer so, while it may be cold where I am and not sunny, in Australia it's perfect sunglasses weather. If you're willing to ship internationally you can sell all year round.

With that in mind, all you need to do is set the price you're willing to sell the glasses at and just list them. I tend to find buyers go in spurts, so I'll sell a lot, it will quite down for a while and stuff won't sell, then I sell a lot again, but it doesn't seem to be related to seasons, beginning of the month or end of the month.

After. I've seen a lot of high ticket items moving at much lower prices. Toys and lower priced items are actually going for more. Keep in mind most Oakley buyers are men, many with wives and kids, family etc who they're purchasing for and won't have as much disposal income until after the 1st

Back