• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bet You Don't Have One Of These In Your X Metal Collection?

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Julie.png

I sure hope you don't have a display like this, lol!!! Sorry for the crappy pic, when it was taken I had just found them and pried them out of my driveway.
For those who don't remember or weren't here back in the day, My son came home on leave and asked to borrow my Juliets. My only Juliet at the time, the Juliets that I just got back from Mark who did his magic trick on them and I just installed brand new lenses, those Juliets!!!!!! My son is my best friend, so of course I gave him the Juliets and the keys to the dually, and told him to be very careful with both of them. Fast forward, leave went by to fast, my son returned to the bitter North Country, aka Minot ND. The coldest place on the planet, and I couldn't find my Juliets any where. I searched for a month, but they were gone. Then one day I was traveling down the gravel road out of the compound and saw something shiny up ahead. I stopped the truck and got out to inspect, as I got closer my heart sank when I realized what it was. My Juliet was crushed into the granite gravel roadway, and I was sick. Turns out I learned from my daughter that my son had left them on the truck tool box and forgot they were there and took off in my truck. With no exaggeration these Juliets were run over by my 1 ton dually hundreds of times in the month or so they were missing, plus the countless UPS trucks and all the other traffic into and out of the compound. I was sick, but at least the mystery was over. You think I told my son and demanded that he buy me a new pair? Not on your life, never even mentioned it to him, until several months later and just let him think it was all my doing. I had buried these away and forgot all about them and last week I came across them and actually found the pic still on the phone that I was using way back then. All of this happening made me realize I need to create a display for these in the Oakley cabinet. To be honest with you, I think they came out really good considering what they went through. My gravel drive is 6 to 8 inches of what they call crusher run, it's one step below chicken grit. I live near the largest open faced granite quarry in the country, so I get all this for free, just pay the private dump truck driver well who brings it to me. The top 3 to 5 inches is made up of rock the size of grape to a large walnut. So it wasn't like they fell on beach sand and got pressed into it. No Sir, No How, that crusher run is as hard as concrete, these things took a beating. Think your RayBans can handle that? Bet they can't !!!!! Thought someone might like to see this today. Just proves how the bad times you are going through now, can be things you look back on later, and just smile!!!! Maybe one day I can even laugh about this divorce I'm going through after 32 years, but right now I just want to run her over with my fat bottom, just like these Juliets!!!! Later
NCH

Last edited:
Yeah that sure sucked finding them the way I did. My son's coming back from being deployed for 14 months and I'm going to seem him when he lands in Minot. This time I'm taking a few Juliet's with me, just in case, lol!!!! It takes 2 to get married, but only one is needed for a divorce. She had years to change, she said one thing and did the opposite, when it's all said and done, yep it sucks, it hurts like hell, but a man still has to live with the man he sees in the mirror each day. Enough said.
Later
NCH

Back