• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Better To Move Homes Or Jobs?

Which is better to do more often - move homes or move jobs?

• move homes

• move jobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just think about what suits your lifestyle better. This spring I moved from a city of a million to a town of 10,000. Stayed with the same company but adjusted my role.

It has resulted in less travel, plus less commuting, plus a great community that suits our lifestyle.

HELL of a ton of work to make it happen (selling and buying a home being the biggest challenge) but totally worth it in the end. A few months of life being a disaster is totally worth long term awesomeness.

I've moved home 3 times in the last 7 years and it the biggest pain in the a$$ i'm basically still doing the same job and all going to plan i'll be moving again in the next 12-16 months (f**king banks start lending) and my reason for moving has always been upgrade/best for kids but my next move will be my last plan on selling 2 houses payoff 2 and live mortgage free by the sea . And don't get me started on f**king bankers dirty rotten scumbags may everyone of them die screaming in pain .

this is hard if the job offer is tripled money talks ill move, but if not that much no way its a pain. I don't know if I can even move these heavy cases of mines.

I read a while back the average American stays with an employer 5-10 years. I'm guessing that number fluctuates over time. Be that as it may, I would prefer to move jobs than homes. My goal is to have my mortgage paid off before I retire so that once that magic day hits, I will be (ideally) debt free or close to it. I would like to spend that time traveling with family, etc. Now I just have to find a few jobs to jump around to for the next 29 years to stay an "average" American :help:

I read a while back the average American stays with an employer 5-10 years. I'm guessing that number fluctuates over time. Be that as it may, I would prefer to move jobs than homes. My goal is to have my mortgage paid off before I retire so that once that magic day hits, I will be (ideally) debt free or close to it. I would like to spend that time traveling with family, etc. Now I just have to find a few jobs to jump around to for the next 29 years to stay an "average" American :help:

So are you planning on staying in the same house the entire time?

Considering maybe buying a new house to stay in, with more space, etc than we have now but don't want to move again after that.

I just bought a house it was more because it was good price and worked for what I need right now. Plus 15 year, 3.25%, not a bad deal. I didn't even look at other houses. I plan to be at this job 2-5 years, probably closer to 5, but I don't see myself staying here (home or work) for a whole lot longer than that. Plus, buying the house was a whole lot cheaper than renting, it's an investment, and now I have some equity.

Latest Posts

Back