• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BEWARE (caution): Minute Machine/Time Tank Owners!! PLEASE READ And Contribute Pics!

Here's mine as you wanted some picture of others. This is my Diamond Dial that I have been wearing for over a year now every day and have not had any problem with it and I just snap it into place. I don't know if it just me, but mine looks to be a little bit thicker then the one you had pictured, but still thin non the less. Glad to know that they can fix it IF the sad day ever comes where it gives out.

Keep rocking the Minute Machine, just be careful!

2mxq2id.jpg

Here's mine as you wanted some picture of others. This is my Diamond Dial that I have been wearing for over a year now every day and have not had any problem with it and I just snap it into place. I don't know if it just me, but mine looks to be a little bit thicker then the one you had pictured, but still thin non the less. Glad to know that they can fix it IF the sad day ever comes where it gives out.

Keep rocking the Minute Machine, just be careful!

2mxq2id.jpg

thanks for your reply! Yeah the lighting when I took the picture makes mine look a bit thinner than it actually is...but not by much though. Still pretty thin piece...do you think its made of titanium as well or its some stainless steel part or something?

I have to admit, I think I was much more careful putting on my watch this morning. I give the side tabs a squeeze, instead of my regular 'snap'. Dammit, why'd I have to read this thread, now I'm paranoid.

Mustn't. Worry. About. TimeTank.

Good info here, glad to know they will fix it since they know about the problem. No issues with mine so far, but I will take your advice. This same thing happened to my brother's Holeshot, I think the stainless steel banded ones use the same concept.

dang that sucks. Did he get his holeshot fixed?

I'm afraid I have the same problem. Bracelet sometimes pops open but I thought it was just me not pushing down hard enough. As luck would have it I just mailed the watch back to Oakley a few days ago for a battery replacement so I will contact customer repair today to check the L bracket as well. Amazing that I happened by chance to do a search for the Minute Man watch on the Oakley forum today and find this! Thanks for the information! I LOVE this watch!

i just checked out my MM and that piece seems pretty stout. not sure what its made out of but if they used to be stainless steel it could have been cheap pot metal and now that they know of a problem the newer ones are made with more solid stainless steel or switched over to titanium. i know the MM has been out for years. i got my in 2009 so maybe they updated the part. i abuse mine too. also just FYI to all you MM owners if you want to get some lighter scratches from your finish you the gray colored scotch brite pads they are a little finer and rub the pad on the band going with the original grain of the finish.

also does anyone know if the time bomb II clasp is built the same way or have any issues with this???

Good info here, glad to know they will fix it since they know about the problem. No issues with mine so far, but I will take your advice. This same thing happened to my brother's Holeshot, I think the stainless steel banded ones use the same concept.

WHAT?! # paranoid. lemme go see..

*edit: the Holeshot uses a different Mech. the pins are the ones with the spring, seems quite strong.

im always gentle on the watch anyway.. haha

I had this happen on my first mm which I replaced years ago. Since then I have been very careful to hold the tabs in also. I actually was about to get Oakley to replace the watch because it happened within the first year. I believe it was in 2007 or so but I would have to DoubleCheck.