• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beware of Opticians !

WavecloudCustoms

Wavecloud Customs dot com
Oxford UK
Never buy your Oakleys from PretaVoir in Glasgow!! Ever!

For some reason they seem to think they need to inspect them
They finger them and use their own brand solution on brand new glasses with dodgy micro fibre bags!

Just received a pair of C Wire OO Red Irdm from an opticians and they look used, second hand hand with scratches caused by a silly tag they insist on putting around the nose bridge!

Refund offered but come on?

I want paying for my hassles too!

Last edited:
It seems that all opticians do it?

They get a brand new pair out of the box and the wipe them with a greasy microfibre clothe without even checking almost like a reflex action? :(

It seems that all opticians do it?

They get a brand new pair out of the box and the wipe them with a greasy microfibre clothe without even checking almost like a reflex action? :(
Yup.....not to mention.... "oops....it just fell on the floor (microfiber)...let me shake this off and just clean these nice brand new just taken out of the box sunglasses with it"

Hands down totally agree;)
image.jpg

What? You guys have it lucky if they took brand new pairs out of box and ruined it for you. Over here they only sell 'new' stock that has been displayed on the shop floor. And I mean displayed as in other customers have had their go wearing, adjusting, poking, and have their diamond rings scratch the frames and lenses. The shops then sell them as "new" at full RRP.
Heck I ought to start up my own store and sell my collection of used x-metals as new just to level the playing field.

Back