• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beware of Opticians !

They do the same thing at some Oakley stores/vaults. So many times they have pulled out lenses for me and instinctively start aggressively "cleaning" brand new lenses with that microfiber rag they carry around. I will never understand why they do this... Now I just preempt them by saying I'd like to inspect them first.

They do the same thing at some Oakley stores/vaults. So many times they have pulled out lenses for me and instinctively start aggressively "cleaning" brand new lenses with that microfiber rag they carry around. I will never understand why they do this... Now I just preempt them by saying I'd like to inspect them first.
A guy at one of the O stores pulled out a monstrous bundle of keys from his pocket. Attached to it was an MF bag which he used to clean up a new pair that I was going to buy. It was hardly a surprise when I found micro scratches of the lenses when I inspected them. Some people just don't have common sense.... you should never use a dirty cloth to clean a set of new lenses. Especially a cloth that's been collecting oils and metal shavings from your keys.

image.jpg

Ok folks - been holding back but
They are called

Pret A Voir

They put silly tags on Oakley around the nose bridge which scratches the iridium :(

Now - though no fault of my own I have to spent atleast two hours of my time returning the garbage they sent me and its still gonna take over 7 days before they giver my money back :(

Unprofessional amateurs :(

Things are looking up a bit..

Store manager just called me and he's sending out a courier to collect the faulty glasses.

He insisted that Iridium is scratch resistand though? #rolleyes

There's a Sunglass Hut here, more of a stand than an actual shop, but they do the wiping with a microfibre rag too. I was in the middle of buying some Holbrooks that had been handled but only had a few fingerprints on the frame, when they decided to wipe the lenses and put two cm-long scratches on one lens. They were then surprised when I said I no longer wanted them....

To be fair - Pretavoir have now said that they will collect their sunglasses and return my money which is great. :)

They need a rethink regarding the scratchy plastic tag though.

There's a Sunglass Hut here, more of a stand than an actual shop, but they do the wiping with a microfibre rag too. I was in the middle of buying some Holbrooks that had been handled but only had a few fingerprints on the frame, when they decided to wipe the lenses and put two cm-long scratches on one lens. They were then surprised when I said I no longer wanted them....
Our SGH stores have those same large mf cloths which are generally clean. However I don't understand why people rub with excessive force as if trying to scrub their dirty dinner plates. They also use the same area of the cloth for the whole pair. Do they not think about where the dust and grit end up after the first wipe?! The cloth doesn't magically make the dirt vaporise into thin air you know...

Back