• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Big Taco Shield.

You're right on that. They are definitely bigger and a slightly different shape, they don't fit QUITE as well as MD but close.

Actually, I'd almost say the Pitboss is the closest in fit to MDs; at least for my head.
Pitbull for all intensive purposes was infact Oakley's successor to the MD, however it failed miserably on all aspects. First, shape was neutered at best as opposed to a Dog. The frame is less aggressive and much weaker in appearance. Second, dogs had no unobtanium and didn't need any, pit bull has it and it makes em look odd. Finally, they are huge!! Maybe a better successor to a Monster Doggle, but damn sure not a Dog!!

As for the Big Taco & Big Fat Taco (for those in Cali or who are familiar, that's a pun intended towards the Del Taco fast food chain's actual menu item), I hate the name, but I bought a Taco and it fits well. Borders being too tall for me, but I like it. It honestly fits better than 99% of anything released this year. I am more excited to see the Big Fat Taco now having owned and worn the lil taco..The normal re-hash of frames Oakley does usually results in a terrible attempt at making something merely "ok"...I have to say this one looks better!! Colors are still a problem from the look of it...Tortoise is not attractive at all, nor was bone and baby sh!t green...

I'm interested in seeing more colors but they look pretty good!

This is the Oil Drum/Oil Rig successor, for sure.

I see a Big Fat Squared Taco in this frame's future! Deviation+Taco

Last edited by a moderator:
Back