• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bit of a new-school vintage kick lately

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
The last 3 pairs I've bought have been modern releases of vintage pairs.

Starting with the Collector's Square Wire. A simple black on black pair. Wonderful design cues, muted style, a simple, sleek pair. No more out of place now than it was in 1996 when the Square Wire hit shelves.

Then the 30 Years of Sport Heritage Eyeshade. Bold fire shield lens in a red frame. I'd like the frame more in black to contrast better, considering a cerakote in matte black.

Today was another wire. The Collector's T Wire. Raw titanium frame, titanium iridium lenses. Bolder, more vintage style, in a frame that really shows off the early 90's Oakley design of the times. A wire that brings up memories of Oakleys from when I was a kid.

Both wires are from the local Vault, and the Eyeshade from the online Vault.

497EB1A8-5CED-4BB0-A422-2D6EC4E20BE4_zpshctx5yc5.jpg

Congrats on all. The re-release T Wire is the next on my list to complete my T Wire collection. Honestly I doubt I'll ever wear any of them but they are just so damn cool, I had to have them.

Nice, love the original wires. I remember when I first noticed Oakley it was eye jackets that caught my eye 1st then E wires. I couldn't afford eye jackets and the wires just seemed so expensive and out if reach.

I've had a couple of E wires since (brushed/vr28&gold/gold iridium) but didn't keep either long as I wear all mine and I really didn't suit them at all! I think maybe a square wire at some point might be a better bet for me.

Titanium is the icing on the cake. I'd never sell my Ti crosshairs (burnt cooper/vr28 bip) they're awesome.

Back