1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The last 3 pairs I've bought have been modern releases of vintage pairs.

Starting with the Collector's Square Wire. A simple black on black pair. Wonderful design cues, muted style, a simple, sleek pair. No more out of place now than it was in 1996 when the Square Wire hit shelves.

Then the 30 Years of Sport Heritage Eyeshade. Bold fire shield lens in a red frame. I'd like the frame more in black to contrast better, considering a cerakote in matte black.

Today was another wire. The Collector's T Wire. Raw titanium frame, titanium iridium lenses. Bolder, more vintage style, in a frame that really shows off the early 90's Oakley design of the times. A wire that brings up memories of Oakleys from when I was a kid.

Both wires are from the local Vault, and the Eyeshade from the online Vault.

Bit of a new-school vintage kick lately - 497EB1A8-5CED-4BB0-A422-2D6EC4E20BE4_zpshctx5yc5.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Congrats on all. The re-release T Wire is the next on my list to complete my T Wire collection. Honestly I doubt I'll ever wear any of them but they are just so damn cool, I had to have them.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Thanks! The T's were $80 with F&F, how can one say no?

4. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

Very nice! I really like the vintage stuff, and with the discount it makes for a pretty sweet deal :)

5. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Nice, love the original wires. I remember when I first noticed Oakley it was eye jackets that caught my eye 1st then E wires. I couldn't afford eye jackets and the wires just seemed so expensive and out if reach.

I've had a couple of E wires since (brushed/vr28&gold/gold iridium) but didn't keep either long as I wear all mine and I really didn't suit them at all! I think maybe a square wire at some point might be a better bet for me.

Titanium is the icing on the cake. I'd never sell my Ti crosshairs (burnt cooper/vr28 bip) they're awesome.