• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Black 15 Temple Shocks For A Xs

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Rigid how?

The XS shox are hollow and allow the temple to flex easier due to the XS stem being much thinner then a Juliet stem. So there is less give at the shock point then the stem. It's similar to coils in a spring on a shock for your vehicle. Depending on what type of spring you use it changes how the shock reacts. With the hollow shox on the XS It gives more flex then using the solid one. All my XS's have different shox and I don't notice a difference in the hollow or the solid. I took out my hollow ones to make my IH XS and used OEM violet in their place. Never had an issue.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
The XS shox are hollow and allow the temple to flex easier due to the XS stem being much thinner then a Juliet stem. So there is less give at the shock point then the stem. It's similar to coils in a spring on a shock for your vehicle. Depending on what type of spring you use it changes how the shock reacts. With the hollow shox on the XS It gives more flex then using the solid one. All my XS's have different shox and I don't notice a difference in the hollow or the solid. I took out my hollow ones to make my IH XS and used OEM violet in their place. Never had an issue.

Sweet, I just needed something smaller because one pair I got had 25's in them and they were super tight to the point where they almost gave me a headache. I am going to do that with my Polished Carbon.

Username Hidden said:
Sweet, I just needed something smaller because one pair I got had 25's in them and they were super tight to the point where they almost gave me a headache. I am going to do that with my Polished Carbon.
I have this problem with a pair of Juliet's that have custom rubber which I believe to be Linegear