• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black 3.0 Display Case Help. Troubleshooting

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
Hey guys,

Can someone post a picture of the power cord for this unit, including what is written on the female connector. I want to ensure I have the right cord.

Secondly the unit has power but only the CFL's work the halogens do not. ( Bulbs have been replaced.)
Is there a separate switch I'm missing? The one at the bottom right is on, and activates the CFL's

Thanks

Should be a 3 prong basic 120v power cable, similar to computer tower plugs....Also your halogens should be 12volt with a small ballast up in the top of the tower.

Yup, 4 x 12v (20W) halogens and a ballast mounted in the top of the unit. Plug is correct, had 2 which potentially got mixed at one point so I wanted to rule that out. Both plugs work.

They had 35W bulbs in there, not sure if that caused a shortage, or killed the ballast.

The ballast on those things blow if a fly lands on them! I have had to replace many of them in stores over the years. The ones we were given to replace them crapped out quick so if you do replace them use a step up perhaps.

get the leds for them instead of halogens...less heat, less wattage, less load on the ballast

OakleyJared said:
The ballast on those things blow if a fly lands on them! I have had to replace many of them in stores over the years. The ones we were given to replace them crapped out quick so if you do replace them use a step up perhaps.

Where do you get the ballast from?

Good man Chop! Thanks, just have to find a replacement ballast now. I had bought 4 new halogens, thinking it was the bulbs themselves.

Back