• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Polarized Or Fire Iridium Polarized?

Sahil

Oakley Beginner
Ok I just got Oakley fast jackets and I have OO red iridium polarized and Black Iridium non polarized. After wearing the lenses I realized that I would wear the Black Iridium more than the OO red iridium Polarized so I'm exchanging my lenses and I decided I'm getting Positive Red Iridium non polarized for medium bright conditions and I'm trying to decide between Fire iridium polarized and black iridium polarized for bright light. I want a lens that will be more versatile so I'm leaning towards the fire iridium polarized for being a contrast lens that might be more versatile. Which lens would be better for everyday wear?

Personally I prefer neutral tint for bright light which would mean BIP. But if you want a contrast tint then FIP is a good choice, if those are the only two you are considering. BIP and FIP were my only lenses for like 7 years.

If you're open to another lens, I suggest VR28 BIP, if they're available for fast jackets. They're the most beautiful contrast tint to look through and a great alternative to FIP.

Personally I prefer neutral tint for bright light which would mean BIP. But if you want a contrast tint then FIP is a good choice, if those are the only two you are considering. BIP and FIP were my only lenses for like 7 years.

If you're open to another lens, I suggest VR28 BIP, if they're available for fast jackets. They're the most beautiful contrast tint to look through and a great alternative to FIP.
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the VR28 Black Iridium too but unfortunately they aren't available for the fast jackets. And can you use the FIP in partly sunny conditions or are they too dark?

I used FIP in all light conditions except rain.

Now I have a lot more options and tend to tailor my choices more precisely to the exact conditions. But sometimes that ends up with me carrying around a bunch of different pairs...

It's nice to see somebody using base tint and trans % as the main deciding factors in lens choice, instead of just what color they are...

I used FIP in all light conditions except rain.

Now I have a lot more options and tend to tailor my choices more precisely to the exact conditions. But sometimes that ends up with me carrying around a bunch of different pairs...

It's nice to see somebody using base tint and trans % as the main deciding factors in lens choice, instead of just what color they are...
So would you consider FIP a more versatile lens?

So would you consider FIP a more versatile lens?

Yes.

But I want to repeat my original statement and +1 OakleyFrank - for bright light everyday wear I would choose BIP over Fire. But within the preferences and options you've stated I would choose FIP. And it is the more versatile of the two. And by "versatile" I mean different light conditions. If one were to consider versatile in the context of fashion, BIP is more versatile - it goes with everything.

Not a fan of black irids at all. It not distinct and boring for my taste. Fire irids pola for me all the way

Yes.

But I want to repeat my original statement and +1 OakleyFrank - for bright light everyday wear I would choose BIP over Fire. But within the preferences and options you've stated I would choose FIP. And it is the more versatile of the two. And by "versatile" I mean different light conditions. If one were to consider versatile in the context of fashion, BIP is more versatile - it goes with everything.
Ok thanks for the help. I think I'm gonna go with the FIP but if I don't like it I can always exchange the lens for another one too

Latest Posts

Back