• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Vs Ice Iridium

NickH

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

Oakley UK have some Ice Iridium Polarised lenses for the racing jackets in stock.

As I've said previously, I'll be using them mainly for driving, so glare reduction is key. I've worn my BIP Juliets for a few years and found them to be good for driving, but too dark to pick out smaller details when out of the car (which can become a bit annoying).

I've also tried Grey Polarised which was OK for most of the UK driving I do, but on very sunny/glary days it didn't block quite as much light as I would hope.

The RJ's I have came with OO Red Iridium Polarised and Black Iridium.

So my actual question is..... How does the Ice Iridium lens differ from the Black Iridium? On the Oakley website it says they are both 10%, but the image becomes lighter when you chose the Ice iridium.

I loved the natural colour through the BIP lenses I had, does the Ice iridium give the same look, or does it turn things bluey? They both say neutral base, but I'd like first hand experience!

Cheers again.

I've never compared them together, but I have used both and prefer the ICE and use them as my daily pair. They do seem a bit lighter when looking through. It is more gray based and keeps colors close to what they should be.

The non-polar are 10% but the polars are both 9%. There's very little difference between the two from a wearer's perspective - not identical but nearly so. I posted some comparison pics in another thread; I'll see if I can dig them out...

Just ordered the Ice Iridium Polarised NON Vented from Oakley UK. The amazingly helpful lady even said she would throw in the blue interchangeable O for the side to match the lens!

God I love everything about Oakley......

Hey guys,

Oakley UK have some Ice Iridium Polarised lenses for the racing jackets in stock.

As I've said previously, I'll be using them mainly for driving, so glare reduction is key. I've worn my BIP Juliets for a few years and found them to be good for driving, but too dark to pick out smaller details when out of the car (which can become a bit annoying).

I've also tried Grey Polarised which was OK for most of the UK driving I do, but on very sunny/glary days it didn't block quite as much light as I would hope.

The RJ's I have came with OO Red Iridium Polarised and Black Iridium.

So my actual question is..... How does the Ice Iridium lens differ from the Black Iridium? On the Oakley website it says they are both 10%, but the image becomes lighter when you chose the Ice iridium.

I loved the natural colour through the BIP lenses I had, does the Ice iridium give the same look, or does it turn things bluey? They both say neutral base, but I'd like first hand experience!

Cheers again.

Lol not to plug my own video but I did a lens comparison video a few weeks ago and the first two lenses I look at are Black and Ice iridium so maybe this can also add a little bit more context to help you out:

Actually, I'm still trying to get better at making videos so I'd appreciate any feedback if you have some about the video itself. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Steve

Just ordered the Ice Iridium Polarised NON Vented from Oakley UK. The amazingly helpful lady even said she would throw in the blue interchangeable O for the side to match the lens!

God I love everything about Oakley......

EXCELLENT CHOICE! You won't be disappointed!

Back