1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Does anyone have a pair of black iridium and slate iridium they could take a photo of next to each other so I could see a comparison. I'm wanting to buy another custom and haven't owned a slate iridium in a while. Also, I know they are both iridium coated, but which one has more of a mirror look?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Definitely Black iridium, I have slate iridium in my canteen's and they don't have nearly the mirrored look Black iridium has. It's a very light lens, you see your eye's much easier. It's a great lens but to me not really a fan. Doesn't seem dark enough, and i don't like how an iridium lens is so transparent.... hope this helped.
    I'd put Chrome first, Black second, and Slate iridium third on level of reflective mirror look :D

3. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

yeah Slate works for me more on overcast days or at dusk...nice lens but for mirrror and sun transmission go for Black all the way

4. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I have Slate Irid. in my Oil Rigs. If you haven't already bought your custom, i can take a comparison pic when i get home tonight. Let me know.

5. BAPD77

BAPD77 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Please do, thx. Id like to see a pic!

6. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I have slate on my flak jackets. I can try to take a picture of the next to my black iridium fuel cells

7. BADNESS

BADNESS Resident Troublemaker

8. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Alright here are some pictures. Ontop are my grey smoke slate iridium flak jackets on bottom are my live strong with black iriudm jawbones.
    I personally wouldn't buy slate iridium again I don't like that you can see my eyes like warm grey.

Black Iridium Vs. Slate Iridium - IMAG0146.jpg

Black Iridium Vs. Slate Iridium - IMAG0147.jpg

Black Iridium Vs. Slate Iridium - IMAG0148.jpg

9. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

Here's a pic of my Carbon Juliet's...the one on the left has Slate Iridium and the one on the right has Black Iridium.

Black Iridium Vs. Slate Iridium - IMG_0059.jpg

10. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Juliet's look sweet with slate iridium.