• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Vs Grey Lenses

d94364

Oakley Beginner
Singapore
09-671.jpg

Hi all, what is the main difference between these two? One with mirror coating and one without?

Which of the above match this:
cance_shades_600.jpg
?

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Iridium has a darker color (therefore blocks out more light) and a mirror coating, while grey blocks out less light and does not have a mirror coating. The Orange Radars look to be Black Iridium but I can't confirm that.

If you are comparing Black Iridium and Grey, both use the same base but Black Iridium has the mirror coating which cuts down on light transmission significantly. Getting into Light Grey, Dark Grey and Warm Grey is another story but I don't believe any of these were made for the Radar so we'll skip that.

The bottom picture is definitely grey, you can see the temple piece as well as his eyes.

Ok then Grey it is! Gonna have an exact match of the one above:)
Should work well to balance off the extremely attention-grabbing atomic orange frame. I could feel almost everyone's eyes on my radars when I was cycling at the park the other day o_O

Latest Posts

Back