1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. d94364

d94364 Oakley Beginner

Black Vs Grey Lenses - 09-671.jpg

Hi all, what is the main difference between these two? One with mirror coating and one without?

Which of the above match this:
    Black Vs Grey Lenses - cance_shades_600.jpg ?

Last edited by a moderator: 7/9/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. theflyingtomato

theflyingtomato Oakley Beginner

Black Iridium has a darker color (therefore blocks out more light) and a mirror coating, while grey blocks out less light and does not have a mirror coating. The Orange Radars look to be Black Iridium but I can't confirm that.

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

If you are comparing Black Iridium and Grey, both use the same base but Black Iridium has the mirror coating which cuts down on light transmission significantly. Getting into Light Grey, Dark Grey and Warm Grey is another story but I don't believe any of these were made for the Radar so we'll skip that.

The bottom picture is definitely grey, you can see the temple piece as well as his eyes.

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Grey is nice if you don't need to cut out intense light. I find Black to be really dark at times :)

5. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

i really like warm grey. i have them in my two fuel cells.

6. d94364

d94364 Oakley Beginner

Ok then Grey it is! Gonna have an exact match of the one above:)
    Should work well to balance off the extremely attention-grabbing atomic orange frame. I could feel almost everyone's eyes on my radars when I was cycling at the park the other day o_O