• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blackhawk Down Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who makes the closes 1st gen ruby red lens for the Juliet as used in BHD? I have them in my Penny...and I LOVE them. I have a few Fruby pairs, but nothing aftermarket. I saw someone in an O store with dark ruby lenses on his Juliet...they looked amazing, but he said they were not real and he couldn't remember who made them. I think I saw the Linegear version...but don't think they look that accurate.

I just ordered premium red polarized from LG and red from ikon, I will see when they come. I don't think I will get exact look, but it will be close I hope

Those were the initial run of the x-metal and ruby Juliet's. I believe the number is 04-116 and they have the deepest colored ruby of all the releases and even then they are hit or miss if they will be that deep ruby or more toward the fire... I had a set and traded for a set of XX Metal Tio2's because the J's don't really fit me well.

Anymore you are going to have to go aftermarket to get a deep ruby color like that.

Your right about it being hit or miss. I bought a pair when they first came out and they looked nothing like the ones in the movie. They looked like my Juliets with the fire lenses.

I have to say I have gotten burned out with "Deep Ruby", dark red, blood red, black hawk down, etc red lenses. Everyone has tried to jump on the band wagon late, the gotta have them, I want that color, does anyone know where I can get them, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. I am wondering if anyone really watched that movie and even cared for what really took place there. Did anyone see anything more in that movie but a pair of metal glasses? The True Story of Black Hawk Down is a reminder of the bravery and determination of our armed forces and their creed and commitment to never leave a man behind. With that being said I think the discussion of these lenses is done. Use the search button and read further. God bless our troops.

Also for the reader to be informed correctly, NOT ALL "mild" soap is actually mild! I have tried this as a test and you can scratch your lenses because of abrasives in the soap. If it works for some members then by all means you can use that, but a person that buys a mild soap and scratches their own lenses is not cool. Also, members that wash the microfiber cloths in soap and water can scratch up their lenses after the cloth is dried. I have also seen this, just get another cloth. For the $5.00 it worth it on $55-$125 lenses.

Same goes for the cleaning solution which we know is alcohol based, but if the consistency of alcohol is too high it will damage the coating, so making your own really isn't worth the effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back