• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blackhawk Down Lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoot013.jpg
Another couple of shots

Hoot:wink:
HOOT001.jpg
hoot012.jpg

2 choices that most will agree with.

1. Custom chop a pair of lenses for them
2. Linegear brand from Japan

Or the.... I will find a pair of gen1 lenses eventually on EBay or etc.....lol

There is an ebay seller in Florida that (based on feedback history) appears to have sold quite a few Juliets and Pennys with Dark Ruby Iridium lenses. Are these lenses authentic, chopped or what?

don't do the posi red!
I wish i had a pair of OG ruby lenses in my X-Squareds...
the fruby just aint cutting it these days...

I'm surprized no one talked about how the tint of the lens has change with the color as well. I have had Ruby lenses since I first saw them in a pair of A-wire 2.0. They had a lot more red and purple then the Juliets I got years later. The thing I was dissapionted with though was the way the tint of the lens changed. I like the blueish tint that I got originally with a couple of pairs. By the time I got Juliets the color base of the lense was changed or the process changed and caused a color difference. Their a much flater grey with hardly no blue. I have gotten replacements and they were the same way.
Since Oakley has a lot more +red out I'll get some of these custom cut for extras. It's closer to the lens tint that I like.

My friend had a pair of the special X-Men red ruby lenses. I don't remember the specifics but they were a much deeper red color. They were a special run when Oakley did the lenses for Cyclops in the original and 2nd X-Men movie. I'll check and see if he still has them and if so post up a pic.

It's also funny that those Oakleys weren't released yet when the events depicted took place.

Hi guys,

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Unfortunately the time has come to replace the ruby lenses on my Juliet :(

Have pretty much given up all hopes of finding a decent 1st gen lens unless some kind soul has a pair to let go:)

Anyways so I figured aftermarket is the way to go but with all the choices out there today am not sure which will get me closest to a nice first gen color with the purple hue.

Any suggestions on the following options. Feel free to chip in more options if I missed any

1) linegear: either red mirror or premium red?
2) z lens: dark ruby
3) exovista
4) vl
5) cxl
6) dr chop

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Unfortunately the time has come to replace the ruby lenses on my Juliet :(

Have pretty much given up all hopes of finding a decent 1st gen lens unless some kind soul has a pair to let go:)

Anyways so I figured aftermarket is the way to go but with all the choices out there today am not sure which will get me closest to a nice first gen color with the purple hue.

Any suggestions on the following options. Feel free to chip in more options if I missed any

3) exovista
4) vl
5) cxl
6) dr chop

Thanks!
I just got my LG Red Mirror in yesterday and it looks absolutely awesome.

Hi guys,

3) exovista
4) vl
5) cxl
6) dr chop

Thanks!
#6 lol...I do have a pair of OG Really Purple Juliet lenses that are OEM not these damn fakes. Exovista have crap edges, VL and Walleva are PAPER THIN!!, and I can't imagine any of the others being anything but cheap lenses without all the tech that goes into making an Oakley lens the best on the market. I still don't understand the whole concept of paying the Oakley prices for their shades (even used) and slapping in a crap lens??? To each his own and I understand that, but it completely defeats the purpose of buying an Oakley in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back