• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blacklight Black Frogskins

MrLee

Oakley Beginner
I was totally sure I wanted Matte Black w/ Violet, until I tried a pair of these on. Much more subtle, and frankly the +Red is far cooler than I had hoped.

Frogskins_BlackLight_Black_800x600.jpg

And since I had the camera out, Wildberries I was trying to shift, and my seen before White w/Gold Iridium just because we all love pictures of frogs ^^

Frogskins_Wildberry_800x600.jpg

Frogskins_White_800x600.jpg

Nice pickup man. Unfortunately I got rid of my blacklight black. Not entirely though since I took the positive red lens and stuck it in my smog plaid :)

Very nice I was going to buy the blacklight black ones when they first came out but I decided to get the blacklight blue/orange since they were diffrenent from what I already have.

@Jive I was actually gonna pop the grey in them for a while after seeing the ones you sold ;)

My favourites are the green/grey but I'm afraid I'm just not hipster enough to pull that off. Plus I wanted a frog that was low key, and I could wear around London in the winter without looking like a complete ****. Sitting on the tube with that low winter sun finally got to me.

@Peeza The bag was the final deciding factor over the matte black xD

I personally feel that oakley's aren't hipsterish. Do hipsters wear oakleys? Sure, but I think they have more of a surf style. Leave the ray bans for the hipsters.

Froghog 9/10 times I'd agree with you, but unfortunately most people won't go "Awesome frogs" - they'll see a pair of green Wayfarer like glasses. I may as well ride past on a fixie in a pair of skinny chinos :laugh:

Oakley for me do carry the connotation of the Surf/Skate/Snow scene (Oakley spends $$$ on marketing it as such for a reason), but seeing as I live nowhere near the coast or any mountains, and I prefer 2 wheels over 4 - just not for me.

I got the blacklight blue/orange as well but rarely wear it anymore. I really want a pair of wild berries! And i didn't like the matte black/violet but i popped in the lens from my blacklight and now i have a matte black/fire :dance3: