• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blackout Fast Jacket

Saintz

Oakley Beginner
I have a Fast Jacket that I want to blackout the frame. It has silver switch lock and white Oakley icon (I assume this is aftermarket, I bought these used and other models I saw had silver icon).

What's the best way to black it out?

Will brake fluid or acetone free nail polish remover take the finish off both pieces and make them black? Or is the white icon actually white plastic?

Do I need to paint them?

Thanks

Brake fluid did nothing. Acetone free nail polish remover took the white off the logo. It is silver underneath. The locks and Oakley on the nose bridge were unaffected.

Brake fluid did nothing. Acetone free nail polish remover took the white off the logo. It is silver underneath. The locks and Oakley on the nose bridge were unaffected.
That surprises me. Usually the nose bridge logo isnt very stout.

You could just paint the icon instead of trying to remove the color. A standard paint, or some have used nail polish. In regards to the switchlock, I sent mine to Colorado Custom Look, who Cerakoted them black for me. I do have an issue where because the lock is a polished chrome or whatever, the Cerakote did come off slightly in one corner because it didn't have a good surface to adhere too. I haven't gotten around to having them re-done yet, but if you are going to paint the switchlock, I'd definitely recommend scratching it up a little to get paint to adhere as good as possible.

You may try Black Plasti Dip on the switch lock
Dont sand it just clean and shoot it
Plus you can peel it back off later if you like

Back