• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blue Flores #439 - Lost/Stolen

Zax

Chicago
*Sorry, long post

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been active. I used to be much more involved 5 years ago, but got busy with work and the hobby fell by the wayside. I recently won a Flores Gascan (blue) on eBay for quite a good deal and was excited to see that it got delivered today. Went to the front door (as it said left on the front porch via USPS) and nothing. This was roughly 1 hour before I got home. We've had a ton of packages come and go throughout the year, and none of them have ever gone missing...so this was odd.

I called the local post office and they basically said what the tracking claimed - it was delivered. I asked if they could double check because I've had the package say it has been delivered only to be in the truck still, which was a simple mistake and received the package the following day. The supervisor claimed that the women delivered everything. I asked him to double check the truck again and he started attacking me, defending the worker (which I guess is natural). He started saying could it have been someone swiping packages? Thing is, our road is relatively quiet and we've had hundreds of packages go in and out before without any issue.

Either way, the supervisor started to attack me and stated that I am probably trying to scam them, and how out of line I was to ask to speak with the delivery women. I just wanted to see where specifically she placed the item, since we live on an acre, it could've been left in a bush? I did check everywhere prior and did not see anything. I finally got ahold of her and she claimed she left it on the front porch on a ledge, to the right of the door. We have a small ledge and currently a large potted plant that takes that space, and the item was shipped in a medium flat rate box. Those things are not small! Something that large should not be left with 3" of clearance. I reported that back to the supervisor and he ended up sending another truck out, which proceeded to video tape my property while slowly driving past. Again, claimed I was mistaken and most likely trying to "scam" the post office of goods. He ended by stating "they will no longer leave packages - we must pick them up with photo identification from this point on".

I did apologize about being an ass, but I was frustrated. I'm usually not like that. Either way, I'm left without a package and this long post. Long story short, there is a missing Blue Flores, Serial #439 that is NIB, sold from eBay user freakchops. If anyone happens to see the pair, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
*Sorry, long post

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been active. I used to be much more involved 5 years ago, but got busy with work and the hobby fell by the wayside. I recently won a Flores Gascan (blue) on eBay for quite a good deal and was excited to see that it got delivered today. Went to the front door (as it said left on the front porch via USPS) and nothing. This was roughly 1 hour before I got home. We've had a ton of packages come and go throughout the year, and none of them have ever gone missing...so this was odd.

I called the local post office and they basically said what the tracking claimed - it was delivered. I asked if they could double check because I've had the package say it has been delivered only to be in the truck still, which was a simple mistake and received the package the following day. The supervisor claimed that the women delivered everything. I asked him to double check the truck again and he started attacking me, defending the worker (which I guess is natural). He started saying could it have been someone swiping packages? Thing is, our road is relatively quiet and we've had hundreds of packages go in and out before without any issue.

Either way, the supervisor started to attack me and stated that I am probably trying to scam them, and how out of line I was to ask to speak with the delivery women. I just wanted to see where specifically she placed the item, since we live on an acre, it could've been left in a bush? I did check everywhere prior and did not see anything. I finally got ahold of her and she claimed she left it on the front porch on a ledge, to the right of the door. We have a small ledge and currently a large potted plant that takes that space, and the item was shipped in a medium flat rate box. Those things are not small! Something that large should not be left with 3" of clearance. I reported that back to the supervisor and he ended up sending another truck out, which proceeded to video tape my property while slowly driving past. Again, claimed I was mistaken and most likely trying to "scam" the post office of goods. He ended by stating "they will no longer leave packages - we must pick them up with photo identification from this point on".

I did apologize about being an ass, but I was frustrated. I'm usually not like that. Either way, I'm left without a package and this long post. Long story short, there is a missing Blue Flores, Serial #439 that is NIB, sold from eBay user freakchops. If anyone happens to see the pair, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!
That sucks but that supervisor also shouldn't have reacted that way.

I'm sure everyone here will be on the lookout. Good luck.

Also let us know if it does actually turn up

*Sorry, long post

That blows dude.

Terrible news, sorry to hear that. I agree with Frank, the supervisor does not have to act that way, and should be professional.

I see no problem with your reaction, and I would definitely want to speak to the delivery person for specific details on where the package was "supposedly" left.

Mistakes happen, but one should not assume that someone is trying to scam the post office.
I would be just as pissed, as any one of us would be if this happened.

Sorry to hear about the bad news.

*Sorry, long post

It's not over call consumer affairs in your area . they are the people that handle post offices and will make them really look. I did hace carrier delivered to the wrong address and they sent a supervisor to go pick it up. Three times they delivered across the street wtf odd numbers on one side of the street even on the other side have big numbers clearly posted on the house .. Unless you make a big deal they simply don't care. Once they said was delivered and they left it at the post office. on that one carrier was scanned all the packages before they delivered them. Witch your carrier might have done. but this would get po in trouble for pulling that crap. So sup would not be helpful at all. You can call and let him know you will contacting them for the service and his poor manners

Last edited:
Yeah, I asked him about that. He said the GPS was logged right at our house. I'm not sure what they look like? Last time this happened, the guy logged that he dropped it off but had it in his truck. Came the next day with no issues. It was only sitting outside in front of my door for roughly 1 hour, and I've had packages last longer out there. Never had this issue with Amazon Prime :). I know I'm blowing this way out of proportion, but it's really upsetting to lose a pair like this.

The issue regarding "did they scan it" came back against me...supervisor started attacking me, saying that I am assuming his carrier stole the package. I just wanted to know where it was, and it did have valuable stuff in it (valuable to the consumer at least). I'm sure if whoever did take it opened the package, must be really confused as to what they got.

Yeah, I asked him about that. He said the GPS was logged right at our house. I'm not sure what they look like? Last time this happened, the guy logged that he dropped it off but had it in his truck. Came the next day with no issues. It was only sitting outside in front of my door for roughly 1 hour, and I've had packages last longer out there. Never had this issue with Amazon Prime :). I know I'm blowing this way out of proportion, but it's really upsetting to lose a pair like this.
Most likley never even delivered

Has this happened to anyone on the board before? How do I approach the seller? Am I just out of luck and -$? He did insure it, but only for $50. Not sure if it even matters since it says "Delivered". I read I could fill out a stolen report at the actual post office, so I may do that tomorrow.

Latest Posts

Back