• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blue Ice Mars? Are They Original?

I go to check O-Review, and what hits me in the face on the home page but the latest collector's spotlight. His prized possession? His factory Ice Mars!

The collector also happens to be our very own qtrain, so congrats to him on that.

http://www.o-review.com/collectors.asp?ID=39

That's not my mars tho.

Not sure what this post is trying to say...
If you're trying to say my mars is a custom, I purchased it from a fellow collector and had it confined by both dann and fear gear.

From what I understand, only a few ice lenses made it out of headquarters around 2005. They were never factory produced. They're also a lighter color than ice today, so it's hard to reproduce them. Similar to how ruby has changed, so has ice

Any idea how many pairs are out there? And how did they get out to the "public"? Also serial number?

The Ice lens for Mars was factory manufactured and available via Oakley, I purchased my own set in 2003 from Oakley UK which I subsequently used to form a Crater custom pair with blue earsocks and temple shocks. There was not an Ice lens with a full production pair however, it was a 'spare' lens only, so any Mars with this lens is customized. The SKU for the Mars Ice lens is 90-453.

Just waiting for RVF to chime in with his detailed knowledge and answer! Nice! I never knew that abt the Mars and the ice lenses.

Here's mine for another pic
uhe2y7up.jpg

That's not my mars tho.

Not sure what this post is trying to say...
If you're trying to say my mars is a custom, I purchased it from a fellow collector and had it confined by both dann and fear gear.

From what I understand, only a few ice lenses made it out of headquarters around 2005. They were never factory produced. They're also a lighter color than ice today, so it's hard to reproduce them. Similar to how ruby has changed, so has ice

Don't know what could be confusing about this. OP asked if they were original, I checked O-Review and your Collector's Spotlight (on the home page) said your prized piece was your FACTORY ICE MARS. It was a funny coincidence.

How did FGG or Dann (who's Dann?) confirm yours is authentic? RVF says yours is a custom.

I wasn't sure if there was sarcasm in there.

Dann is the guy who started/runs o-review.

They confirmed that they were factory lenses. I'm aware that they didn't come like that, someone put them in, but they're not custom cuts

If dann had anything to do with it Id say its legit, he knows his Oakley. He is one of my subscribers on youtube, and I certainly watch all his stuff when I'm feeling like getting more info on Oakley.

Back