• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BNIB Juliet Lenses Have Slight Cut Defect, Can This Be Fixed Easily?

DG85

Oakley Expert
Chicago, IL
I purchased the last set of Ruby lenses from a local O store, I got a nice little discount because....they aren't cut properly from factory. Essentially, one of the lenses is a tad bit too large and doesn't allow the T6 screw to join the orbitals together, there's maybe 2mm of gap between the gasket and the orbital.

I sent the frames in for service along with a copy of the receipt the next day. After waiting 2 months for them to service the frames and replace the lenses...I got them in the mail back yesterday.

I wasn't expecting them to send back the old lenses, but they DID! So now I have a fresh pair and a pair that with a little bit of work can be a fresh backup pair.

My hopes are I can trim the lenses or if it was cost effective, I would send them out to someone who specializes in this.

Well I wouldn't try it my self. You probably do more harm than good. There are a few members here in Forum that do lenses. Infinitehero and xmetalmaniac for example. Maybe a local optician can help you too with the cutting.

Since you are in the US grab a cheap set of Pit Bull lenses of off oakleyvault for just $29.99 and contact one of the pros Stefan pointed out.

Back