1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I've searched around about this but can't seem to find a straight answer. Which Inmate is Denzel wearing in The Book of Eli? Looks like either a Brushed Chrome or Polished Chrome frame.

EDIT: Thread contains movie spoilers so don't read if you don't want it ruined.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

There's nothing in print that I've found that says this or that...but I've watched that movie 3 times and they look like Polished Chrome and VR28 to my eye...the lenses give it away to me due to their tint in a number of shots. Which kind of makes no sense to me....I would think you need a bit more light blocking than the VR28 provides in a world like that. But its the movies so...

3. hollygrove

hollygrove Oakley Beginner

Polished chrome, vr28 black iridium...I only know coz I want a pair for my bday...their within my dads price range.lol

4. hollygrove

Beat me to it.lol

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Not sure the blind guy cares how dark the tint is, but they're definitely not straight VR28, too dark for that.

6. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Exactly what I was thinking!

:laugh:

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

If it's Polished Chrome with VR28 Black Iridium I'd be very surprised, the frame looks much darker than that.

Maybe a fanatic or O Review member will chime in. Anyone own an actual pair from the movie?

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Keep in mind everything was given a certain 'patina' for the movie. They could very well be a polished pear that has been weathered to look dull and used.

Edit:

Found a set that looks like matte/warm grey that are supposedly from the movie, although most pics look like silver frames. I think the treatment to the stems looks pretty killer, wrapped in leather and rubber bands it looks like.
    http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/23/lot/5498/

9. hollygrove

It's claimed on sunglassesid that their polished/vr28...and on amazon...But I suppose they could be different lenses, film makers can pretty much do what they want if they have an image in mind...Oakley website has a piece on it with Allen Hughes the co director.. Doesn't say what the colorway is though.

10. EdsJunk

EdsJunk Oakley Beginner

Look at this eBay item... It's the screen worn inmates..