• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Book Of Eli Inmate (contains SPOILERS)

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I've searched around about this but can't seem to find a straight answer. Which Inmate is Denzel wearing in The Book of Eli? Looks like either a Brushed Chrome or Polished Chrome frame.

EDIT: Thread contains movie spoilers so don't read if you don't want it ruined.

There's nothing in print that I've found that says this or that...but I've watched that movie 3 times and they look like Polished Chrome and VR28 to my eye...the lenses give it away to me due to their tint in a number of shots. Which kind of makes no sense to me....I would think you need a bit more light blocking than the VR28 provides in a world like that. But its the movies so...

There's nothing in print that I've found that says this or that...but I've watched that movie 3 times and they look like Polished Chrome and VR28 to my eye...the lenses give it away to me due to their tint in a number of shots. Which kind of makes no sense to me....I would think you need a bit more light blocking than the VR28 provides in a world like that. But its the movies so...
Not sure the blind guy cares how dark the tint is, but they're definitely not straight VR28, too dark for that.

If it's Polished Chrome with VR28 Black Iridium I'd be very surprised, the frame looks much darker than that.

Maybe a fanatic or O Review member will chime in. Anyone own an actual pair from the movie?

If it's Polished Chrome with VR28 Black Iridium I'd be very surprised, the frame looks much darker than that.

Maybe a fanatic or O Review member will chime in. Anyone own an actual pair from the movie?

Keep in mind everything was given a certain 'patina' for the movie. They could very well be a polished pear that has been weathered to look dull and used.

Edit:

Found a set that looks like matte/warm grey that are supposedly from the movie, although most pics look like silver frames. I think the treatment to the stems looks pretty killer, wrapped in leather and rubber bands it looks like.
http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/23/lot/5498/

It's claimed on sunglassesid that their polished/vr28...and on amazon...But I suppose they could be different lenses, film makers can pretty much do what they want if they have an image in mind...Oakley website has a piece on it with Allen Hughes the co director.. Doesn't say what the colorway is though.

Back