1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. sparthan

sparthan Oakley Beginner

In those days I was taking a look on the O official site. So, I compared some models like Sliver, Chainlink, Valve, Turbine, Triggerman, and many others. Different names, same style. All squared or almost.
    I remember times when originality was a dictate for and from Oakley.
    Eye Jackets, Straight Jackets, Topcoats, Splice, Scar, Twenty, Racing Jacket, Minute, Moon and Mars, and many others. All differents. Any glasses had a different style, aggressive someones, smooth style others.
    Honestly I miss a lot that style, hoping for the next range of sunglasses they will resume something from the past.
    What do you think about?

Regard from Italy.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Seismic

Seismic Oakley Enthusiast

I fully agree with you. To me, many of the older models were much more progressive and hardcore in their design. Now, half of Oakley's products look like something you will find in the local hipster bar

3. STavros

STavros Land of the Gods and ....Molon Lave

Could not agree more my friend.But thats life oops i mean Oakley nowadays.......unfortunately:(

4. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

One word " OAKLEY SUCK NOW" lol.

Wavecloud and Medusa50 like this.
  5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Not sure if you're aware, that is not one word

bad fishy, Wavecloud, QLR1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

STavros likes this.
  7. Slojack

Slojack Oakley Collector Premium Member

This is why I pay x 100s for glasses I should/could have bought years ago at a fraction of the price. The old Oakley is best Oakley.

thisguy, Medusa50 and Barricade like this.
  8. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

You're all old men.
    :crazypilot::gotcha:

QLR1 and CarGuy like this.
  9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

i just long for the days when people just bury this dead horse as opposed to beating the $hit out of it.

QLR1, TexxxZ, Lexkempo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

All things come back eventually. The cycle of fashion and couture takes time. There are a lot of folks living in the past. I'm one of them. Hold onto your stuff because it will be trendy again as long as you live long enough. No one can deny that the golden age of the automobile was the 50's. Early model A and t bucket roadsters continue to be customized or restored but the height of the industry was big tail fins and chrome. We will never see that era again though. Preserve the time when Oakley was in its prime. It was and still is the golden age of design. Be glad that you experienced it even if only for a short time.