• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Boring

knifeedge

Oakley Beginner
I used to go into an oakley store and immediately see glasses that I want. Now they all look the bloody same. I think they are pretty boring.

Is it just me?

The last several I have purchased have been merely different variations of the same frame or style. The watches are always tempting, I agree, just wish they would come out with new models more often.

A least shades protect my eyes. The only thing remotely useful about a watch is it protects my wrist from getting sunburnt.

This is getting a little off-topic but I've been thinking about this a lot recently, regarding Oakley watches...

One of my original enthusiasms about Oakley sunglasses compared to other brands with similar (or higher!) prices is, with those other brands, the big price tag is for the brand name and the fashion while the materials and technology are run-of-the-mill. With Oakley sunglasses, though, you're also paying for the brand name and the fashion but you're also getting higher quality materials and technology; superior functionality.

But with their watches, I'm sad to say, really you're just getting the brand name and the fashion. They look awesome and I'd love to have some, but there's nothing in the materials or technology that justifies the price tag like with their sunglasses.

IMO when it comes to watches, Citizen shows more innovation in their technology (Eco-Drive and Duratect for example) than Oakley does. They just don't go mad-science with their styles... ;)

I know, it's blasphemy, but it's what I've concluded. I still love Oakley, though, and look forward to their new products, such as the new Prizm lenses and the forthcoming madman / badman...

(BTW phil the new Citizen on my wrist right now has a lot of useful things I actually use other than just sunburn protection... :D)

Back