• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Boring

if we were still in a world of original Radars, Flaks, and Jawbones....we'd be thinking they're still perfect for the job.
And they are.
Certainly the Jawbreaker offers incremental improvement in vision and swapability but the upgrade is tough to justify when the functionality of existing models is still great.
They can bring the bling though.
The coming "Airwave" technology applied to cycling specific models ain't boring...
Start saving your pennies.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/04/oakley-airwave-tctv-video/

LMAO! I just had a similar rant about things as people on this thread in a different part of the forum. The observation @kronin323 made last year about Oakley watches and Citizen was almost bang on the same as I made with Casio. I know Casio does not have the same draw as Citizen but they pack in the features and technology. Bang for your $ with the Oceanus and Edifice ranges is impressive.

As for eyeware, I agree with most things mentioned. The new lines are are mostly a rehash of existing ones to appeal to the masses. As said previously, that is where the money is!

My main gripe with this stalemate is that there appears to be no drive to make something a little out of the ordinary for those of us that appreciate that. The C-SIX and the Pit Boss were the last dieing throws of that. AFAIK PB1 and PB2 did sell well and the C-SIX was really conceived as a collectors piece (correct me if I am wrong). My point is that they should have a range that is a little more out there which uses novel techniques and more daring technologies. The prices the X-Metals are going for, there is a market. The analogy I made a while back is the Bugatti Veyron, costs more to make than they sell it for, but they do it because they can and it shows off their pedigree for challenging convention and stretching the limits!

Back