1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Is the only difference between the two...the size of the lens?

Since I have been on the Antix kick, when I put my Bottle Caps on, there is way to much day light on the under side of the lens. At least compared to the larger Antix.

Is the Bottle Cap XL lens larger then the "regular" Bottle Cap?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Yes, the Bottlecap XL lens goes down about .25 to .5" more than the regular Bottlecap.

3. del518

I was finally able to try on a pair of Bottlecaps with the XL lenses. They fit me a lot better than my current Bottlecaps with the non XL lenses. My question is where can I but replacement XL lenses? They are not listed on Oakley's site. Does this mean they do not sell them as replacement lenses?

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Oakley vault online has standard bottlecap lenses no the XL. Call Oakley they might have a pair. A sku # could help them find it quick.

5. del518

I wish I had a sku # for the XL lenses. The bottle caps I currently have are about 4-5 years old and the edges of the polarized lenses have tiny bubbles all along the edge. Plus...I think my melon must have grown over the last few years as I feel as if I am not looking thru the center of the "standard" lens.