1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi All,

I know Oakley started manufacturing RX's stamped "China" on the inner stem but to my shock also Oakley Plaintiff Polished Chrome/VR28 Black Iridium Polarized OO4057-06 that I recently bought is stamped China. By the way, I got the item to a direct Oakley dealer so legitimacy is 100%.

When did they start doing this?! Arrgh!

:mad:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Unfortunately it has been done for a little while now. Not with all frames though. :sad:

3. BRmacguy

BRmacguy Oakley Beginner

They started last year with some manufacturing outside of the US. Most of the metal frames are made in China as are several lifestyle ones. The sport performance styles like Flak Jacket are still made in the USA, and some women's styles are made in Italy. Hope this helps!

4. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Sad but true. I hope the quality (build wise) is the same.

5. OakleyRacer2132

OakleyRacer2132 Oakley Beginner

From what I understand wire frames are made in China, Acetate are made in Italy and most Omatter are still made in California. Even though the frames had been made in China for a while the lenses were made in California and everything was put together there also so they could be stamped USA. Last year they started shipping the lenses to China and putting things together there so they had to change the stamp.

6. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated. Thanks.