• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought An Oakley Plaintiff Polarized OO4057-06 And To My Shock Stamped CHINA On Stem

salj838

Oakley Expert
Dubai, UAE
Hi All,

I know Oakley started manufacturing RX's stamped "China" on the inner stem but to my shock also Oakley Plaintiff Polished Chrome/VR28 Black Iridium Polarized OO4057-06 that I recently bought is stamped China. By the way, I got the item to a direct Oakley dealer so legitimacy is 100%.

When did they start doing this?! Arrgh!

:mad:

They started last year with some manufacturing outside of the US. Most of the metal frames are made in China as are several lifestyle ones. The sport performance styles like Flak Jacket are still made in the USA, and some women's styles are made in Italy. Hope this helps!

From what I understand wire frames are made in China, Acetate are made in Italy and most Omatter are still made in California. Even though the frames had been made in China for a while the lenses were made in California and everything was put together there also so they could be stamped USA. Last year they started shipping the lenses to China and putting things together there so they had to change the stamp.

Latest Posts

Back