1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

Went to the O store and bought a pair of Ruby lenses for my juliets. I figured the lenses would be flawless but when I examined them at home, the left lens has a pretty deep scratch about 1 cm long at the lower right corner. Is this acceptable? I plan on wearing these daily so they might get scratched more in the future but the fact that they are already scratched bothers me.

Any one else received scratched lenses from Oakley?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

In my experience the o-store lets you inspect all lenses before you walk out the door. If you dont red flag it there, they wont do anything about it.

Eckstream1 likes this.
  3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Yea. Any pair I've ever bought at a store they open and let me inspect first.

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I would go back to the store, ask for the manager and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll let you exchange them for a new set.

5. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

I'd follow Batwolf's advice and bring them back to the store. One of two things can happen:

1.) They're understanding, apologize for selling you scratched lenses and exchange them for you.

2.) They think you damaged the lenses yourself while installing them into the frames and that you're trying to pull a fast one on them. They'll tell you "Sorry."

I think the end result will probably be #2, but you've got nothing to lose by trying. They might just surprise you and exchange them.

6. Fun's Way

Fun's Way Oakley Beginner

I agree with MrMoonlight, Qtrain 23 and Brip....U should be more careful next time!

7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

don't feel bad bro...I bought a pair of Ruby Half Jacket lenses once at the Irvine Spectrum store. I inspected them there for scratches...Note I only said scratches...They were flawless. Except for the fact the freaking things were both the same side!!!! I was PIIIIISSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDD and especially when they wouldn't swap em...Man that was a real kick in the gut. Pay closer attention is something I learned that time. I mean wtf was I going to do with 2 left lenses??

8. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

That's awesomely terrible

9. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Plead your case, but don't expect a damn thing. My store shows me everything before I buy, and I look them over very well. I wouldn't have looked for a left and a right if I bought lenses, but I will now...

10. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

yeah, I had them for a few years before I came up with a viable solution...but I did come up with a good one..