• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bought, sold, and then bought again :\

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Here's the deal ...

I bought these identical Frogs for $100 on eBay back in August 2010.

The color didn't really work for me, so I ended up selling them for $200 on eBay around a year later.

Well exactly one week ago (Monday night,) I get on eBay right after work and some dude listed these for $90.00, buy-it-now.

Like many of you, I know a good bargain when I see one, so of course I bought them.

My intent was to sell them and make a few bucks, but now I'm wondering if I should keep them.

I thought I remember reading one of the members on the forum say they sold their pair and now they regret it.

In my opinion, the color looks feminine, but maybe that's just me - I dunno.

For now I'll just hold on to them and see if the color grows on me or if they'll be good to rock during the summer.

Or I could do what Jive did and give em to my girl, aka wife.

Either way, I think it's a pretty good score for 90 bucks ...

dscn0009mr.jpg

don't worry frogskins i too feel they are a little feminine but i still rock my matte turquoise. at 90 bucks you can't really beat it thats 30 dollars under what i paid for mine and i considered that a steal seeing i got them BNIB at retail. I say keep them. At first i felt the same way you did but they finally grew on me and i actually really do like them. Not my favorite frog but still very nice.

don't worry frogskins i too feel they are a little feminine but i still rock my matte turquoise. at 90 bucks you can't really beat it thats 30 dollars under what i paid for mine and i considered that a steal seeing i got them BNIB at retail. I say keep them. At first i felt the same way you did but they finally grew on me and i actually really do like them. Not my favorite frog but still very nice.

Just curious, you wear them with the white arms or with the turquoise ones?

I'd say if you are planning to sell them again (for a profit), then that's good if you can do it. But, if you plan on trying to offload them here, it would border along the lines of scalping, which is against the forum rules. I think that most of the members here are okay with paying a few dollars extra for pieces they may really want or need :redface:, but not anything like double your paid price (unless its rare/exotic/hard to get pieces at the current market price). I have a feeling you regretted letting the first pair go, so you should keep this one. Who knows when you'll come across a deal like that again.

I owned these but sold them. I wouldn't wear them, but I do regret not having them in my collection so I'd keep it. I've done that with a lot of my Frogskins, sold off the Oki-Ni's, Koston, Matte Green Grenades, STPLs and now want them again.

Re selling them: they're yours and you can do with them what you like. I'm not one for this whole anti-scalp brigade, you can charge what you like for what you own as far as I'm concerned, whether or not they'll sell is a completely different matter, and if people don't want to pay the price then they don't have to. No harm is done.

Back