• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Boxes And Coins

Sanford

Oakley Beginner
Canada
Hey Guys,
I've looked around the forums and can't seem to find an answer, how important is it to have the box and coin (for x-metals) when collecting or even purchasing? or is having the box a buyers preference?

I've seen a few local CL post for Oakley's but they don't have the box. Is it better to find sellers with boxes and coins for the X-Metals?

When collecting, most consider the set complete when all original packaging is included. That's really just a preference though. There are many people who dont really care about the packaging. It's just up to you. The complete set including packaging usually gets valued a little higher.

Good to know, I figured it was preference but wasn't sure. I'm miffed about throwing out my 1st gen Juliet box and I fear I may have thrown out the coin too ( I hope not) that came with it...
All this has made me wonder about the boxes etc when buying stuff...

A serious collector of most products will want the original packaging and this will increase the value of the items concerned, eg, LP records need the sleeve, Star Wars toys will be more sought after as issued, books need the dust cover, toy cars should still be in boxes etc. Some Oakley collectors can live without the boxes but from my own standpoint the complete item (and in top condition) is essential. With x metals the boxes are especially important as in many cases the glass serial matches the box for added interest, the contents and labels adding to the appeal and providing information. I have 65 of the 70 production issued x metals all with original packaging, but would pass on any of the remaining 5 if they are offered incomplete.

Latest Posts

Back