• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Break The Taboo. Let's Talk About Wires

I think the E-wire is the most comfortable pair i've ever owned. They're so incredibly light. I used to wear them all day and forget they were even there.

I loved my e wire 2.1..... I wish I didnt get rid of them.... Sold them and started on the Whisker kick, especially the titanium frame.......

I wore my Thick A-Wire just today, with grey suit.
Still in rotation, some 10+ years after purchase. Still look class after all these years.

@Batwolf
The Jury and Hatchet are, I think, technically Wires. But for some reason can't carry a suit/formal look, imho.
I have some Hatchets - for sale/trade currently as I bought them as a formal sunglass but they are too aggressive/alien/x-metal style for me to wear formally.
Shame cos they are obviously super light and look cool. Just not on me! Actually I don't think Oakley knew how to market these O-luminium frames. Are they Wires or what. They had the tech to make them, they made them, but then errrrrr what market to sell them to?

Yeah the Jury and Hatchet Wire are hard to categorize.

If I were to base them off design, I'd say that the Jury is more like the Fuel Cell/Gascan. It's only due to the metal that throws it off. For the Hatchet Wire I'd be more inclined to throw them into the X-Metals group based on design alone.

I've got my one pair of black/black Whiskers. Nobody wears em, just me. I had originally wanted Splinters, but nobody had them and the Whiskers had a style and class all their own.

Now I want Juliets :D

I think the Jury could pull off a formal look. And I know the Plaintiff's can, I wore them at a funeral not too long ago.

Wires are the way to go :). I use them exclusively for driving, and like others have said, days I want to remain low key. Nanowire's have to be the best/most comfortable wire out there!

Save starting a new thread i thought i'd just post in here...

I just got a new unworn pair of Crosshair 2.0 lead with black polarized lens for £78!

Not bad hey?

Back