• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bringing Mars Leather Back From The Dead?

Klunkerbill

Oakley Beginner
Hey All,
This is my first post here, as I didn't know where else to turn. I've got some old Mars Leathers and they are completely thrashed. The nose pieces and ear socks are gone, the leather is coming unwrapped and rotting, and lenses are toast... but I still love them. I was going to put some new lenses in, but the frames seem really loose under the leather at the nose bridge. I didn't want to take what's left of the leather completely off to inspect the frames. Any ideas why it would be loose there? They couldn't be broken under there, could they? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Its the flex coupler under the leather like on the Juliets you would need to send them back to Oakley to get them tuned up! As for the leather I dont know how to fix that!

Probably a better question for the X-Metal section, but...

The nose bridge is riveted to the two oribitals, and the joint there provides the slight flex and compliance to the frame. As they wear out the frame will flex a lot more. They need a tune up to regain their original feel.

Call Oakley customer service and see what they say about earsocks and the leather.

dont think oakley can do anything about the leather... but you can go to those shops that make leather goods and see if they can rewrap the leather for you...

Until I get my Romeo 1 in the mail...the leather mars is my favorite pair right now. I only wish I had hammerstems on them instead of the straight stems.

I would check with local upholstery shops for the leather. eBay should have some lenses and just send them to Oakley for a tune up. I know I'd love to get ahold of a pair even in that condition.

Ok neither Oakley us or Oakley Australia will tune up the mars leather. I have asked I get the same response sorry we can't do it. I would say go to a leather shop or custom saddle shop. They can replace the leather and stitch it back together. For the flex coupler I have no idea how to help you there beside buy a crater and put leather in it. It wouldn't be a authentic pair but you would have one.

There is the perfect idea. Leave the leather mars alone. Buy a crater get the wrapped and now a usable pair.