1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ritten

Ritten Oakley Beginner

I'm new to the forum and figured I'd put my first post here since it has to do with my Romeo 1's. My first pair of Oakleys I purchased were a set of E wires over 17 years ago. I loved them because I could get prescription lenses tinted and was allowed to use them for my job (outdoor forklift driver). Fast forward a few years down the road and I found myself really liking a pair of Romeos. They were a newer design (to me) but still reminded me of those e wires. Now when I say I'm hard on sunglasses, I mean I put them through hell. The titanium frames appealed to me in that respect and although I don't remember when I purchased these (early 2000's) I have literally worn them every day up until about a year ago. This is the fourth or fifth set of lenses I've put in them (all ebay bought after the OEMs) and really enjoyed the glasses after a lasik surgery allowing me to throw away contacts. However, there was always a noticeable difference where the lenses just weren't quite up to par with the originals. In a last ditch effort to replace the rubber gaskets, nose pads, etc. my search led me to this forum. Now, after a few texts with InfiniteHero I hope to have some OEM lenses back in them, new bits from Linegear to dress them up, and spend another 15 years enjoying my Oakleys.

Bringing Romeo 1s Back To Life *Updated Pics* - 20140219_141044.jpg
    Bringing Romeo 1s Back To Life *Updated Pics* - 20140219_141855.jpg

After a bit of reading I thought I might have a set of Jordans, but the serial # is 000632. Low, but no cigar.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum.

4. AngelAir

AngelAir Oakley Collector

Welcome. Post up pics once you dress them out again. Nice low number also!

5. oakleyjab

oakleyjab Oakley Enthusiast

great story for an iconic pair! hope to get mine in the next couple of days... might need some lens replacement too.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

a true testament to the Xmetal Line. Thanks for the share!

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

welcome to the forum R1s are awesome!

8. Ritten

Ritten Oakley Beginner

I received my lenses from InfiniteHero this week. The gaskets and new screws from Linegear were only a day behind. I gave the frames a thorough cleaning and got everything back together yesterday. My favorite pair of shades are back just in time for Mardi Gras (today)!

Bringing Romeo 1s Back To Life *Updated Pics* - IMG_3967.jpg
    Bringing Romeo 1s Back To Life *Updated Pics* - IMG_3968.jpg
    Bringing Romeo 1s Back To Life *Updated Pics* - IMG_3970.jpg

Supero100, Krank, AngelAir and 3 others like this.
  9. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

They look absolutely superb and a great story to boot! Exactly what they were built for :)

Wavecloud likes this.
  10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I'm loving it...