1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

So heres the lot of them, I'm abit lazy to post multiple photos so heres an all-in-one shot and then individual photos I've used before int he forums..

there you go Razerwire!

(note the damn space where my Penny should be by now. =(

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6265885625_16ae8014eb_b.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6197978348_613e710eb0.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6192037951_a41496ea2e.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6197988480_9b4eabb24d.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6265888729_e54d7e5fbd.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6266035497_7269bc5f2f.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6189736206_8d979d0fac.jpg

BriP's X-Metal Collection - 6189703748_e747c1ae38.jpg

Oh.. The XX should be coming in either tomorrow (fingers crossed), or on monday. The Penny is MEANT to come in by monday apparently, but I doubt it.

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Your poor Penny's lol. They have been on quite an adventure.

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Nice collection so far.

I had wanted to go the X Metal only route a long time ago, but i couldn't bring myself to get rid of what i already had, especially my Splice. That and collecting just X Metals is expensive!!! 1 pair of polarized Juliets = 2-3 pairs of something else :lol:

And i know you can make the "Quality vs Quantity" argument, but that's based on opinion. I think the bulk of my collection is still quality :smile:

4. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Metal > Plastic! :p

That is a collection worthy of intense jealousy!

I'd love to get one of each model from the X-Metal line but I dunno how the Romeo 1, Romeo 2, and Mars would look on me. If they look absolutely silly, my lofty goal may not come into fruition at all. :(

Plus those two tend to me the more expensive ones. I'm hoping I can get lucky like I did with the Penny but I doubt it.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Hey Razer! thanks man.. this actually only materialised within the last month or so.. I went on a buying spree! (and the opportunities kept coming! one moment it was "ooh cheap romeo1!', the next it was "ooh, cheap mars crater!' etc) I only had my XM Juliets at the start of this year! (along with my Radars).

The Romeo1 looks good on everyone i think, but is even more sensitive to overstretching the arms than regular X-metals - the lens WILL crack if you push it too far (just like how flexcouplers get loose, except this one is clearly visible). But as long as you use the right t-shox, they are simply awesome.

The Romeo2 i've tried on in stores many times.. half frame X-metals just dont suit me (although plastics like the HalfJacket does? weird. think its cos the lenses are bigger in the xmetals)

PS keep $250 handy and keep looking, you never know when a deal will come up!

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Haha! I dont doubt for a second anything you said there! Im still quite partial to some of my plastics - they are just so Light and functional. plus the splice, fandango, plate et al are really out there! lets not forget the Zero series (original run of course)!

Expensive, yes, but i figured i only needed 8 to finish the set. Ohhh.. but the addiction... my set isnt even finished and i've got 10 pairs lol.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah man. haha, they sure have stories to tell.. man, you should have seen when I first got them. Bought them off a golfer in the US. all the rubbers were loose (earsocks and nosebombs were sliding around), the lenses were thrash, and the frames were covered in dirt. like literally, this guy must have dropped it in the sand bunker more than once, and not cleaned it. It came in a HalfJacket Softvault (i know.. wtf, but thank goodness, really, who knows what it would be like without!). as soon as i got them, i disassembled them down to individual parts - all rubbers, arms off, spring mechanism etc.. cleaned everything thoroughly, greased the springs and hinges, then reassembled it. was still too loose in the nosebridge (it was literally falling apart, bits of the flexcoupler were deteriorating and falling OUT. i could pick at it and pull bits off). so sent it to oakley. AND IT HASNT COME BACK YET! Ive had it for all of 1 day.. man, Razer just got his, and he's spent more time with his than i have mine!

8. Razerwire

Mine wasn't nearly in bad shape as yours it seems. It was certainly dirty but definitely not loose at the nose. Only needed a cleaning, new lenses and new earsocks. JOBEN helped me out with the lenses and I got a pair of earsocks coming from Oakley.com for free! :D

I'm starting to think that my Penny takes the title of Oakley purchase of the year for me.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah, they sure grow on you huh? Its the X-Metal Addiction.. And the penny is definitely within the top 3 in attractiveness in the X-metals... its by far the sleekest and has the most street cred (or should i say movie cred..) with the Romeo1's running up second in that department!

10. Razerwire

My wife still thinks they're too small for me. But as it was a steal, that's the extent of her complaints. LOL