• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BRIP's XMetals!!!! All together again

That Plasma /fire looks almost like Xmetal especially with all that red the pic took. I wonder if part of the color change is due to paint technology changing from the time these started to finish. That and oakleys way of changing the generations from each other.
I surprised you only have two R1's. Alot of other limited stuff from the looks of it. Makes me jealous, wish I had gotten into finding more stuff through the years.
Do you cycle through it all or just some?

BTW for those looking to tell the difference between TITANIUM and PLASMA gen2 and later.. see this pic. the titanium gen2 is like abit more gray/blueish instead of the straight silver of plasma.
ygugede8.jpg

front to rear- ti gen1, ti gen2, plasma gen1, plasma gen 2, plasma new (almost no diff), polished

That Plasma /fire looks almost like Xmetal especially with all that red the pic took. I wonder if part of the color change is due to paint technology changing from the time these started to finish. That and oakleys way of changing the generations from each other.
I surprised you only have two R1's. Alot of other limited stuff from the looks of it. Makes me jealous, wish I had gotten into finding more stuff through the years.
Do you cycle through it all or just some?
Hey bro,

the plasma is actually very light (almost white) but its definitey matte. it helps that the gen1 fire iridium is very RED. very rough like gen1 Xmetal. The gen 1 titanium has a mette surface too, but more even, like on later Xmetals. the best way to describe the titanium gen1 is a light, cream colored version of Xmetal. probably my favourite colorway..

i believe the 'generations' were changed due to the initial versions being very susceptible to corrosion and damage. the later ones are more resilient in that manner. the gen1's do look better though...

Yup only 2 R1's for me. i nearly had 3 but missed out, i guess im not too fussed; its come to a point where im happy, and not chasing anything..

As for cycling through them - I stay away from the gen1's - they are display only. i may have worn them out once maybe but thats it. there is a select few i favour - The romeo1 is my current Daily pair, with the Xmetal Juliet (my JulieX with hammerstems) coming up a close second. i take em in turns on alternate months-ish. I wear the denim mars when im feeling abit more 'out there', and the R2 for slightly dressier occasions (aka when im wearing a shirt haha). Outside of that i wear sports frames for sports.. currently a half jacket smoke brown and Radar matte black, plus an eyeshade for cycling (the wind stoppage is amazing). I also use a matte black radar for safety glasses when im cutting lenses/working with powertools =)

Back