• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brit needs advice for Flak 2.0 lenses

Agent Smith

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I live outside of London, England and I need some opinion on my next set of lenses/glasses to get. I'd been given a 25% discount off my next Oakley purchase and I'm wondering what to get. The problem is because Flak 2.0 lenses are brand new, I don't know which lenses are best suited for me or where I live.

At the moment I own:
Grey Polarized Flak 2.0 for driving (custom)
Bronze Polarized Flak 2.0
Jade Iridium Flak 2.0 (non Polarized) (custom)

What I'm thinking about getting are

Flak 2.0 Prizm Road
I do some running and I think these could be great to run with. However I do a lot of cross country aswell and I don't think they will hold well when running under dense trees. However they will be very handy when I eventually decide to get a bike to cycle to the gym. I also like the frame.

Flak 2.0 Prizm Golf
I don't play golf but I heard great things about the G30? So could these lenses be sutiable for running as they let in 30% of light when my other lenses let in aprox 15%?

Black Iridium lenses.
Handy to have a pair of Black iridium lenses when going away to a hot country. Otherwise useless in the UK.

Thank You for your suggestions.

I am real happy with my Road lenses. I use them to cycle (road). I spend a good amount under shady trees in the early morning and I do not find them too dark. It is not dense forest, it is more like large trees on both sides of the road. Unfortunately, I can't comment on golf lenses.

good luck. whatever you choose, you'll have great glasses.

Sounds like Prizm Road and Trail could cover a lot of your bases. Though I do like G30 a lot and have some Golf Prizms coming, and I'm hoping they'll be of good use too. And there are definitely days where I've needed black iridium or something equally dark in the UK!

Hello, I lived in London for a bit and would say black iridium and prizm golf are the ones to go with (at least initially ;) ) as jade fills the same VLT as prizm road and prizm trail will be key for the many grey and rainy english days.
Conversely, you could swap the BI for road as jade can be used in very sunny locales (granted, i've never lived in a very sunny place) and wait and get BIP for those very sunny/water scenarios. Just my two cents.

I have Road and Trail and I find Trail to be more useful. It's the only lens that directly counteracts gloomy weather.
I like to put them on and go around gawking at red roses.

I like to thank everyone for their input.

Originally I was meant to go on a cycle ride in the countryside, New Forest. The idea was to hire out some bikes and go on a ride for like forty miles, however this never happened and the weather is dull. So it does make sense for me to get either the Golf or Trail Prizm. My Bronze Flak 2.0 can handle bright sunny days and I need something to handle the less light situations where added contrast is a bonus.

I really do like the look of the Prizm Road Flak 2.0 but end of the day I have the Bronze Flak 2.0, so it make sense to go with a lens that let more light in but also good with contrast.

Trail sounds a good bet if you're going to be riding through the forest - if you just stick to roads around Lyndhurst then Road would make more sense!

In the end I decided to opt for the standard Flak 2.0 trail. I would rather have them customise with orange frame with navy blue support, but that means waiting at least six weeks for them to arrive. So here hoping for some poor weather next week.

Back